Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
What if my wife refuses this to. See, she grew up in a family situation that causes two problems. They taught her that whatever beliefs she has spiritually are okay. So obviously, she thinks religion in general is stupid. Also, her mom has had mental "issues" for a while. Her mom's bi-polar, agoraphobic, and a couple of other phobias. Also, her biological father abandoned the family when she was very young (like 2 or 3), and her step dad was a drunk cheat. The family counseling thing was tried and failed. So now she doesn't believe in counseling either. Going to a pastor for counseling...well, I doubt she'll even consider it.
Hmmm, well yes that is a bit of a pickle, but if she loves you and you set the proper tone and speak the truth in love, then I think she will follow her husband to the ends of the Earth. Women can be wonderful that way, we really got a wonderful gift from God. Your wife simply needs to hear and understand the Gospel of Christ, again I want to encourage you---seek out a Bible believing church and ask the pastor for some private marital counseling. I have seen this change MANY lives of young couples, I have prayed in people's homes and watched God heal those marriages and families... the Gospel is the REAL DEAL and I can say with confidence---it will work for you and yours.