General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 PM

Default Thanks George!

For the work that you are doing here as far as your dispensational threads and exposing the errors in Calvinism...tremendous work, Brother!

This is my first post here and just want to say hello to all of you here...I am a King James Bible believer who is learning about dispensationalism and rightly dividing the word of God which was lacking in my part when I got caught up in Calvinism and Covenant Theology.

I have Sword Searcher and also want to thank Brandon for his outstanding work he has done...his contributions for the Lord will be rewarded richly, thanks Brandon!

Nice to meet you all and hope to have some wonderful fellowship with you all too.

Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name ~ Psalm 138:2, KJV
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 PM

Default Cloudwalker

Hello Cloudwalker,

Glad to have you here on the forum. I am new as well and have been very blessed by George's teachings. (George sounds a lot like the man that got my wife and I "squared away" before we got married. He went home to be with the LORD after 6 months of study. We miss him and haven't found many like him in our walk.)

I am interested in learning more about you and your history. Calvinism/reformed theology. I have family and friends that are really into this and their churches. When we talk about the bible and the truth, it seems as if we aren't even in the same room most of the time. I still love them in the lord though. I do get the feeling that they think I am crazy for believing my KJB and talking things so seriously.

Welcome,

Brother-Smith
Old 07-14-2009, 07:45 PM

Welcome cloudwalker,

Are you native American? I knew a man of tribal respect with that name, he was Shawnee (sp?).
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Welcome to the forum, Cloudwalker! I arrived at this forum believing the KJV to be the best and most faithfully translated version from the textus receptus. Will Kinney, Bibleprotector and George Anderson, among others, have helped convince me that the KJV was actually inspired of God. That may not mean as much to me as others because I'm kind of a simple believer and I already knew by the Holy Spirit's testimony to me that the KJV was perfect before I came here. Now, though, any little niggling doubts are vanquished immediately. If any come up, all I have to do is post my question in Bible Versions, or email them, and these kind fellows will give an answer that is incontestable.

I started to read the Calvinism thread today but it's so much information it's kind of daunting so I will have to make time to read it all. Self discipline and time management are not my fortes, unfortunately. George's studies have helped me and a friend of mine immensely. By the Holy Spirit indwelling in me as well as by my own (slight) intelligence I can see the careful and true exposition of scripture in George's studies.

Brandon's SwordSearcher software has increased my ability to study and understand scripture exponentially. I had better get my husband SwordSearcher before I catch up with him! (Well, maybe in a year or two.)

May God bless you,

Jennifer

Last edited by greenbear; 07-14-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-Smith View Post
I am interested in learning more about you and your history. Calvinism/reformed theology.
Actually, I started surfing the web on some different sites and got caught up in it...I wasn't really a full flegded believer in Calvinism but they almost had me covinced.

But, the more the Holy Ghost guided me in His Word I started to see that the Calvin doctrine just can't be correct. Hope that doesn't offend anyone here, I'm not really trying to attack...I just don't get Calvinism and how it is growing so rapidly in these days we live in.

Last edited by Cloudwalker; 07-14-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Welcome cloudwalker,

Are you native American? I knew a man of tribal respect with that name, he was Shawnee (sp?).
LOL, I do have some Native Blood in me {who doesn't, right...}

Iroquois Confederacy
Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Welcome to the forum, Cloudwalker! I arrived at this forum believing the KJV to be the best and most faithfully translated version from the textus receptus. Will Kinney, Bibleprotector and George Anderson, among others, have helped convince me that the KJV was actually inspired of God. That may not mean as much to me as others because I'm kind of a simple believer and I already knew by the Holy Spirit's testimony to me that the KJV was perfect before I came here. Now, though, any little niggling doubts are vanquished immediately. If any come up, all I have to do is post my question in Bible Versions, or email them, and these kind fellows will give an answer that is incontestable.

I started to read the Calvinism thread today but it's so much information it's kind of daunting so I will have to make time to read it all. Self discipline and time management are not my fortes, unfortunately. George's studies have helped me and a friend of mine immensely. By the Holy Spirit indwelling in me as well as by my own (slight) intelligence I can see the careful and true exposition of scripture in George's studies.

Brandon's SwordSearcher software has increased my ability to study and understand scripture exponentially. I had better get my husband SwordSearcher before I catch up with him! (Well, maybe in a year or two.)

May God bless you,

Jennifer
Jennifer!

Thank you for the kind welcome, Sister.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Default Welcome Cloudwalker

A warm welcome from the home of the KJB!

I was just wondering - is your forum title a Christian version of a certain star wars character?

Hope you enjoy the forum

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
A warm welcome from the home of the KJB!

I was just wondering - is your forum title a Christian version of a certain star wars character?

Hope you enjoy the forum

God bless

PaulB
The reason for my username is...I am a avid hiker, I have a passion for hiking, mountain climbing...being up in the clouds if you will.

Of course I bring Scripture with me and study God's word...I'm hoping one day while I'm up there in the mountains Christ will come and I'll have less travel time to get to Him in the clouds.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Amen, I enjoy reading Brother George's posts also. Btw, welcome.