Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Favorite King James Defense Books?

I am curious what everyone's favorite KJV defense books are. I've read many, but there are a few that stand out to me.

Two questions:

1. What are your personal favorites?
2. If different, which book(s) do you think are best to give someone that knows nothing about the subject?

Here are my personal favorites sitting on my shelf:

The King James Defended By Edward Hills
Final Authority by Dr. William Grady
Defending the Bible by Pastor DA Waite
In Awe of Thy Word by Gail Riplinger

I think if I was going to give someone a book on the topic that knew nothing about the Bible version controversy, it might be "Crowned With Glory"

If I was debating with someone that thought they knew a lot about the subject and was on the modern version side, I would think about giving them "The Identity of the New Testament Text" by Pickering.

thanks in advance for your thoughts!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-21-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Re: "Favorite King James Defense Books?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
I am curious what everyone's favorite KJV defense books are. I've read many, but there are a few that stand out to me.

Two questions:

1. What are your personal favorites?
2. If different, which book(s) do you think are best to give someone that knows nothing about the subject?

Here are my personal favorites sitting on my shelf:

The King James Defended By Edward Hills
Final Authority by Dr. William Grady
Defending the Bible by Pastor DA Waite
In Awe of Thy Word by Gail Riplinger

I think if I was going to give someone a book on the topic that knew nothing about the Bible version controversy, it might be "Crowned With Glory"

If I was debating with someone that thought they knew a lot about the subject and was on the modern version side, I would think about giving them "The Identity of the New Testament Text" by Pickering.

thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Aloha sister Bondservant 40,

Please check out this Link and it will "link you up" to several links dealing with this subject. http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18487&postcount=3

Personally, after thoroughly studying this issue for over 40 years, I believe that the very best first "Introductory" book on the issue of "Which Bible" - is: "Forever Settled" by Dr. Jack Moorman, or the "Bible Version Manual" by Donald T. Clarke (if you can find it).
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Fabulous!..Just looking at the link with your book list! That is terrific brother George! I will take some time reading your comments and ratings.

Thank you for your reply, and God bless!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

My two favorites are 'manuscript evidence' by Dr. Ruckman and New Age Bible Versions by Mrs. Riplinger
I chose these two because Dr. Ruckmans book gives a straight forward presentation of the Manuscript Evidence itself, while Mrs Riplinger shows the spiritual cause of the new versions.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 PM

The easiest book that I found to understand was a little book put out by Chick Publications.

It was brown and it had scales on the front. I think it was called "Let's Weight the Evidence".

YEP - that's the one

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0184.asp

It's not a "scholarly" book, but it will answer the questions of one that is seeking the truth. It also is outdated, so it doesn't have the NKJV or ESV in it.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM

That's a good one Luke. Let's Weigh the Evidence was the very first book that I read regarding the version issue. Since I don't like to read and read very slow, I like pictures and big print size in my books. It's easy reading but very informative.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 PM

I just purchased Final Authority by William p. Grady,it may take me all summer to read. Looks good though.
"How Satan Turned America against God",by Grady looks interesting,close to 1000 pages,bet it would take me years to get through that one. I know its not in defense of the KJB but sure looks interesting. My pastor is reading it now.
Also booklets by Dr. Ruckman,survey of the Authorized Version,about the New Scofield Reference bible,Why i believe the KJB is the Word of God and my favorite "Monarch of the Books".

Gail Riplingers "Which bible is Gods Word, New Age Bible versions,and
Purified seven times by Bill Bradley for background on our English Bible.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 AM

Luke and Boaz:thanks! I'll have to check out "Let's weigh the evidence" I haven't seen it. Thank you for the link Luke. Very cool that it is a small book. Easy to hand out. I love books that put the basic information needed succinctly in a few pages. I may order several copies.

Jeremy: I think you will like Final Authority. It is one of my favorites. It is a long read. Some chapters I had an attention span problem. But he is very thorough. Definitely a good one to have for reference.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 AM

The Identity of the NT Text by Wilbur Pickering

Landmarks of English Bible Manuscript Evidence by Robert Sargent

If you want some heavier reading...Frederick Nolan

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/cl.../inquiry0.html
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Ward View Post
The Identity of the NT Text by Wilbur Pickering

Landmarks of English Bible Manuscript Evidence by Robert Sargent

If you want some heavier reading...Frederick Nolan

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/cl.../inquiry0.html
Wonderful! I have "The Identity of th NT text", but don't think I've heard of the others. Thank you.