Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 PM

Sneezing Mexicans will be the new terrorists. I will be paying cash to the Mexicans in our Hispanic ministry to sneeze in public. Does anyone remember watching an old prank video from a while back where a guy would get behind people and acted like he was sneezing and spray the back of their neck with a spray bottle? That would be hilarious
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Bio-engineering?

..........It is not impossible. but for it to take on a combination of Swine, Bird and Human it would have to been bio-engineered.
According to this report, it is swine only:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...winefluupdate/

Excerpt:

Quote:
The samples from California are the same viral strain as one that’s believed to have killed as many as 150 of an estimated 1,600 hospitalized Mexicans, and caused hundreds more infections worldwide, including at least 64 in the United States.

The two strains whose genes are found in the hybrid belong to influenza families known generally as North American and Eurasian pig flu. The former was first described in the 1930s, and the latter in 1979. The Eurasian strain is generally found in Europe and Asia, rather than North America.

Neither of the strains have ever proven contagious in humans. One of the genes inherited from the Eurasian strain has reportedly never been seen in humans. It codes for the neuraminidase enzyme — the N1 in H1N1 — which controls the expansion of the virus from infected cells.

“The new neuraminidase gene that came in from Eurasian swine is one we’ve never before seen circulating in humans,” said Rambaut. “That’s one of the reasons it’s spreading rapidly. Very few people will have any immunity to this particular combination, which is what gives the concern that this will be a pandemic rather than just a normal seasonal flu outbreak. It remains to be seen how much and to what extent there is existing immunity.”

In medical terms, the genetic origins of the virus may not matter. Whether it come solely from pigs rather than a mix of pigs, birds and humans doesn’t change its immunological novelty.

However, understanding the origins could eventually help scientists determine how the virus evolved and where it originally emerged.

The earliest cases occurred in the town of La Gloria in the Mexican state of Veracruz, not far from a large and notoriously unsanitary hog farm operated by Granjas Carroll, a subsidiary of giant American food company Smithfield Foods.

Vercruz residents and some journalists have alleged that the virus could have evolved in the farm’s pigs, then passed into humans through water or insects tainted by infected waste. Many researchers, including the authors of a report issued last year by the Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production, have warned that unsanitary conditions at industrial hog farms could prove a breeding ground for new forms of influenza.
The problem in a pandemic is that hospitals will be overwhelmed with people needing to be on breathing machines......not enough to meet the demand.

The immune systems of the young and healthy go into overdrive when a new strain comes along, making them sicker than babies and the aged whose immune systems are weaker.

My grandfather died in the 1918 pandemic.

I took the "swine flu vaccine" in 1977 and got sick for weeks from it. More people died from the vaccine than the flu in that outbreak. Many had serious lingering effects for months or years. I have never taken another vaccine and would not take one this time.

I opened my Bible to Psalm 91 the other day. I prayed it!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 PM

Ok Now the media is starting downplay the flu Pandemic.

so let's go back over the week they had it so much to the forefront and see what happened behind the scenes.

1) a photo op in NY
2) Dem's approved Obama's budget(still needs to pass congress)
3) down play of the torture of a Afghan by a prince of UAE
4) Alfonzo Rachel's released his version of an old rolling stones song entitled "under my Bus" Hilarious check it out PJTV.
5) Numerous communist leaders meeting together with Middle Eastern leaders.

What was it all about really?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 AM

It only took about a week for the news media to cause a panic among people.

chette777,i wonder the same things as you. What was behind it all?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM

swine flu now, when will the cows come home?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM

Something I just learned but sometime in the last two weeks. they past a bill that if it can be proven that your preaching from the Bible causes some one to commit a hate crime against homosexuals you can be held liable.

A stipulation also claims that if you preach against Homosexuality you could face charges of harassment or civil rights violation.

Could this be what our eyes were taken off while the MSM had everyone looking at the Swine flu nonsense?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12 PM

There was a meeting may 5th 2009 in Marion,Iowa discussing the issue of hate crimes against homosexuals.
They are trying to make it illegal for pastors to preach on this subject.
I have not heard anymore about it this week.

Fred Phelps is giving christians a black eye with his hate tactics. It doesn't help the christian cause,that's for sure.
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/default.asp

Yes,homosexuality is an abomination.
Leviticus 18v22:
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

However,these people need to know the Lord also.

Romans 5v8:
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.