Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 AM

Default Bart Ehrman’s Problem Is God

Quote:
Bart Ehrman is the author of “God’s Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question--Why We Suffer.” Ehrman is a “biblical scholar” who rejected his fundamentalist roots for the deadly wilderness of agnosticism. Today he majors in criticizing the New Testament Christian faith even while pretending to respect it. Because of his unbelief, he has become something of a mainstream media darling. He has been interviewed on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, National Public Radio, National Geographic, BBC, the Washington Post, CNN, and others.
To read the entire article, click here:
http://wayoflife.org/files/36845129b...14843-371.html
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 PM

'WHY WE SUFFER?" I'm sure this is nothing new to you, Brother Craig. Sin, that's why. But for the true believer, "...we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

We can learn from the confession and understanding of Job at the end of his intense and severe suffering...

Job 42:1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

42:2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

42:4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

May we all see our Sovereign, all-knowing, all-powerful, ever-present Lord with eyes of spiritual understanding in and through the midst of suffering.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:05 PM

I agree the moment sin came in so did death, destruction, corruption, disease, wild weather patterns, earth quakes, famine, Pestilence, and so forth.

But God in his wisdom took care of it in the cross of Jesus Christ. and soon will make an end to it all.

Natural men do not understand the things of the Spirit of God. sounds like he is a natural man to me trying to be religious at best.