Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Default BK sponsors Columbus Woman's Clinic

Stopped by for a Jr. Whopper yesterday and there was a sign on the counter with this picture announcing BK's corporate sponsorship of the Columbus Woman's clinic.

I asked for the manager and politely told him I would not give BK my business any longer because of this sponsorship. He gave the corporate line that this sponsorship in no way means that BK advocates for or against abortion. Women go to a woman's clinic to learn more about their options in the case of an unwanted pregnancy and get unbiased advice. Yada yada yada.

The "artwork" is a study unto itself. It strikes me as having some definite witchcraft symbolism as well as symbolism contrived to appeal to catholics (the heart shape). What about strangling hands? The baby's life is in the woman's hands? The baby comes from Gaia, etc. Since it seems obvious the picture is meant to symbolize a baby emerging from the womb, it's also interesting that it would appear to be a breach birth. That subliminally causes anxiety in the woman making a decision whether to go through with the pregnancy rather than kill her child; the breach imagery subliminally communicates the idea that the baby is a danger to the woman's health or life.

http://columbustwc.com/

Here's Burger King Corporate contact information:

Bus. hours: M-F 9-5 EST.

Corporate Offices:
Burger King Holdings, Inc.
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, FL 33126
(305) 378–3000

Consumer Relations
Consumer relations line: (305) 378-3535

Providing link to Columbus Women's Clinic in case there is any question that they are abortion providers:

http://www.twccolumbusonline.com/

Correction: Columbus Women's Clinic website does not specify that they are
abortion providers. I will contact them during business hours to confirm
this.

Last edited by Diligent; 06-21-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added correction on request of original poster
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Bro. Parrish

I admire your decision to stand up for the unborn.
Just to confirm, are you sure they offer abortions, their services page does not list it. They seem to be offering factual information on it as an option but I may be wrong...
Old 06-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I admire your decision to stand up for the unborn.
Just to confirm, are you sure they offer abortions, their services page does not list it. They seem to be offering factual information on it as an option but I may be wrong...

Yeah, I think you're right about that, Brother Parrish. Their site doesn't say they offer abortion services. It appears that they are just part of the feeder network for the abortion mills. Thanks for the correction.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Bro. Parrish

Oh no problem, as I say I am very pleased to see you take a stand on it.
I sincerely rejoice as you continue your defense of the unborn, God bless...
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 PM

oh and I do so love a whopper with cheese
Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 PM

If their fries were any good it would be a struggle.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 AM

I called The Women's Clinic of Columbus and they said they don't provide abortions. They do provide free pregnancy testing and free ultrasounds and free counseling. Below is a quote from their website:

Quote:
If you’re pregnant and a baby isn’t part of your plans, you might be considering an abortion. Give us a call and get all the facts before you decide if an abortion is right for you. Remember, we’re here to help! All our services are confidential and free of charge.
http://www.twccolumbusonline.com/
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Bro. Parrish

Good follow up, glad you called them.
I had a feeling because I noticed their website goes into some gruesome detail on describing the abortion procedures, and that is usually not like an abortion provider. We actually have one or two women's clinics in our area which offer tests and so forth but they are actually run by pro-lifers sort of operating in "stealth mode." Most people would probably never know it until you got there and they start to counsel the young girls on the pain of abortion. I feel a little better about getting that Whopper now...
Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Good follow up, glad you called them.
I had a feeling because I noticed their website goes into some gruesome detail on describing the abortion procedures, and that is usually not like an abortion provider. We actually have one or two women's clinics in our area which offer tests and so forth but they are actually run by pro-lifers sort of operating in "stealth mode." Most people would probably never know it until you got there and they start to counsel the young girls on the pain of abortion. I feel a little better about getting that Whopper now...
Thanks Bro. Parrish. Messing up on my last current events thread fortunately reminded me to follow up on this one.

I wasn't aware there were "stealth" pro-life women's clinics. It makes sense to do that, though. Do you think this could be one of them? I'm not really focused that much on the abortion issue, although I am absolutely opposed to abortion. I wouldn't want to support it in any way. It is comforting to know that these babies go straight to the Lord.

What are your thoughts about the photograph on their poster in my first post?

Last edited by greenbear; 06-24-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Bro. Parrish

I don't know my friend, my first impression was the shape of a heart. I did not see that as a breach birth but now that you mention it I guess that could certainly be implied. Then again, I'm not looking through a woman's eyes, so maybe it wouldn't hit a man the same way but you sure have a point because that's what it looks like. I have learned to have a lot of respect for the eye of a woman, especially with regard to things like this.