Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
What are your thoughts about the photograph on their poster in my first post?
My first impression was that it was a pro-life photograph, with the hands forming the shape of a heart around baby feet.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-26-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
My first impression was that it was a pro-life photograph, with the hands forming the shape of a heart around baby feet.
My sense that we are entering into a fascist form of government in this country with presidential fiat replacing the rule of law and large corporations falling into line informed my perspective with this ad at Burger King, especially considering Obama's apparent pro-abortion agenda. I could definitely be wrong about this BK thing, though.

I wasn't aware of "stealth" clinics but I'm very glad to find out about them. Also, I could probably find subliminal messages and even occult symbolism in a lot of corporate advertising because they're so often present. The "heart" shape comes from pagan religion but so many things in our culture do that it doesn't necessarily mean it is intended to have that meaning. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of a catholic connection to the women's clinic considering the heart.

When I called the clinic I asked if they do referrals to abortion providers and the woman I spoke with said they don't, which is encouraging. Hopefully, I was dead wrong and they are what Bro. Parrish termed as a "stealth" clinic.

Fortunately for me, I don't have any problem being wrong because I try to be more concerned with learning what the truth is about things.

Maybe I don't have to do without the occasional Whopper, after all.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM

There are a lot of other organizations pertaining to pregnancy/newborns/pregnancy loss that have very similar themes: Heart, hands, feet, belly, etc.

A lot of photography studios offer some sort of pose that is also similar. Very popular since the gal that takes all those newborn photos published some. Hands forming a heart on a pregnant belly, or hands holding a newborn, newborn hands on a parent's hand, newborn in a parent's hands, etc.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
There are a lot of other organizations pertaining to pregnancy/newborns/pregnancy loss that have very similar themes: Heart, hands, feet, belly, etc.

A lot of photography studios offer some sort of pose that is also similar. Very popular since the gal that takes all those newborn photos published some. Hands forming a heart on a pregnant belly, or hands holding a newborn, newborn hands on a parent's hand, newborn in a parent's hands, etc.
JaeByrd,

I really appreciate you adding your perspective about this picture being along the lines of popular symbolic poses for baby pictures in general. That makes sense to me and makes me think, along with brother Parrish's "stealth clinic" post, that this is probably all pretty innocent. A big corporation supporting a pro-life woman's clinic during a pro-abortion president's administration? Hard for me to believe but it's good news! Anyway, thanks for the info.

Jennifer
Old 07-04-2009, 05:29 PM

It might just be me, but from the brief scan I did of places that support abortion they tend to steer away from including anything BABY related in logos etc as it is all about the WOMAN and her choices. That and to them it isn't a baby anyway. The photo of the hands, heart, baby feet are things that are going to make most people think of holding on, love, and little babies.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:04 PM

Well, I googled abortion and clicked web images; don't do that. I feel sick. The pro abortion websites I looked at do focus on women; pictures of vibrant young women, descriptions of unborn babies as unnamed objects, how abortion is pro life, an Ayn Rand quote... No pictures of precious little babies, though.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Bro. Parrish

Yes it is a nasty business for sure...