General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Jassy,

Just so you know I appreciate Hovind's study. I don't agree with it on every point. I have the set of CD's he put out. a few times throughout the set he will change the English KJV words by going to Hebrew. It is subtle denial that the KJV is perfect and preserved by God. He does so because some scriptures as they are in the KJV will not support some of his teaching so a change of words is needed.

But over all he has good work.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-19-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Jassy,

Just so you know I appreciate Hovind's study. I don't agree with it on every point. I have the set of CD's he put out. a few times throughout the set he will change the English KJV words by going to Hebrew. It is subtle denial that the KJV is perfect and preserved by God. He does so because some scriptures as they are in the KJV will not support some of his teaching so a change of words is needed.

But over all he has good work.
Brother Chette,

Oh my! If Kent Hovind or others are using Bible-correcting to support a point-of-view, that isn't good. A person should never desire to change the Word of God in an attempt to get it to fit properly in with their own beliefs. That is SCRARY!! I was not aware of that, so thank you for notifying me.

I think that, sometimes, ministers or others will do that because they doubt whether or not people could understand the KJV Bible without some help from them in explaining meanings. Rather than watering-down the message by changing words, I think that ministers should encourage people to become familiar with the KJV Bible and show them how vital it is to our true understanding. Yet, so few ministers of today remain true to the KJV! This ought to sadden every believer who loves the Word of God.

Other times, ministers may excuse themselves for turning to other versions (and away from the KJV Bible) because they don't want to appear to be too "narrow-minded." I've experienced people telling me that I needed to be less rigid and to allow for other translations... they will say, "AT LEAST PEOPLE ARE READING THE BIBLE!" No, they are reading A bible - they're not reading THE true Word of God!

I sure do wish that more ministers would stand up boldly for the KJV Bible!

Jassy
Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Default Chette

Dear Chette, I hardly think that it is fair for you to warn someone like Jassy away from a Bible believing Christian such as Kent Hovind without providing clear evidence concerning why you have come to such conclusions.

Kent Hovind begins his series by stating plainly that he believes that the KJB is the infallible, inspired and inerrant word of the living God. He also states that he cannot defend his faith from any other version of the Bible. So concerning your charge against a godly brother such as Mr Hovind can you please clarify what you mean when you say that he is making a subtle denial of the KJB by undermining its authority.

I have heard him refer to the Greek and the Hebrew words in his lectures but only to emphasise or illustrate a point, but certainly not to correct or deny the KJB.

God bless

PaulB