Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
We have a Joe's Crab Shack in Dayton and a Red Lobster in Richmond...other than that, we seem to be a little short on seafood places, at least that I know about. I do enjoy seafood...we'll give 'er a shot after the Lord gives me a job.
I don't mind the lack of seafood around here. Crab is disgusting! lol
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Stephen,

Quote:
Hey, if you ever do get some good farm land and need an extra farm hand please do think of me since I am without work for an unforseen amount of time. Also, I am a back to the land sorta guy and farming is something I would love to be involved with. Anywho, I'll be praying for you as you continue your search.
I will not be farming to make money. My goal is not to make money. I know this may sound odd. I'm 37, I have worked hard enough and paid taxes to a goverment that I wish not to support financially. I will be growing most of my own food. I also chose Montana as to avoid paying sales tax. This way anything I buy will be tax free. If I have no income I pay no fed or state income tax. My number one retirement goal is to pay as little tax as possible. If I start making money on my farm and have to hire someone then I am not living by my standards. I have paid far to many taxes, and will now pay as little as I can. sadly i will still have to pay a few taxes, but not as many as I pay now. I have enough money to never work again. There is no need for me to work for a living any longer. I know it may sound odd not to want to make money, but I have my reasons. I'll hate not making money, but it's for the best. The best way to kill a snake is not to feed it.

Atlas
Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 AM

Bro. Parrish,

Quote:
I hope that works out for your retirement. I was raised on a farm when I was young, it was a great experience.
I was also raised on a farm, we raised tobacco mostly. We also had lots of hog and cows. We made ok money. I loved farm work. I always have. It will work out for me brother. I'm just wanting a small farm about 100 acres. I also want it on a river if I can get it. A river or a big creek is a must have. The last land had a small creek, and it just did not work out. The creek was just a little to small. It will work out for me brother. It will just take a little time to find what I'm looking for, but I will find it.

Atlas
Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 AM

OPPS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephen,

I will not be farming to make money. My goal is not to make money. I know this may sound odd. I'm 37, I have worked hard enough and paid taxes to a goverment that I wish not to support financially. I will be growing most of my own food. I also chose Montana as to avoid paying sales tax. This way anything I buy will be tax free. If I have no income I pay no fed or state income tax. My number one retirement goal is to pay as little tax as possible. If I start making money on my farm and have to hire someone then I am not living by my standards. I have paid far to many taxes, and will now pay as little as I can. sadly i will still have to pay a few taxes, but not as many as I pay now. I have enough money to never work again. There is no need for me to work for a living any longer. I know it may sound odd not to want to make money, but I have my reasons. I'll hate not making money, but it's for the best. The best way to kill a snake is not to feed it.

Atlas
I think that's a great idea! God bless Brother, I hope all turns out well for you and yours. Prayers.