Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Montana land issue

Guys,

My wife is in Montana as I write this looking over land that we may buy. Pray that all goes will with this land issue. Sadly I was unable to go with her. I sent my father-in-law with my wife to help her with the land. It is our hope that all goes well and we can buy this land. I was unable to go because of work. I hope she comes to the right conclusion about buying the land. I have 100% faith in my wife she is a wonderful woman. She is the text book example of a proverbs chapter 31 woman in just about every way.

Quote:
Prov. 31:16

She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Pray that all goes well for her on this trip and she dose what needs to be done and returns safely with good news.

Atlas
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM

I will pray that all she does turns out well and that the land turns out to be exactly what you wanted and that you get a good deal on it.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM

Stephanos,

Thanks for praying over this issue. Sadly the lad was not really what we were looking for. The size, price and other factors were just about perfect. However the lay of the land and the ability to use the land for our intended uses was just not what we are looking for. So we had to turn down the land offer even with a price drop offered by the owner.

On a much happier note. Our real Estate Agent is still looking and hopefully he will find something a little better suited for us soon. I just hope he dose so before May, so I can sell my business, ( It is sold, but I'm keeping it until right before I move. It's very hard to give up my baby. ) and move on without having to stay here for six more mounts and get a new lease. I just want to move forward soon and get the new part of my life started. I just want to have a farm and get back to the simple life and retire now as opposed to staying in the rat race much longer. I know the good Lord will help us find just what we are looking for in his time. I'm sure he has even better land for me. I just must wait on him for the best to come. It always comes when he sees fit.

Atlas
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Stephanos,

Thanks for praying over this issue. Sadly the lad was not really what we were looking for. The size, price and other factors were just about perfect. However the lay of the land and the ability to use the land for our intended uses was just not what we are looking for. So we had to turn down the land offer even with a price drop offered by the owner.

On a much happier note. Our real Estate Agent is still looking and hopefully he will find something a little better suited for us soon. I just hope he dose so before May, so I can sell my business, ( It is sold, but I'm keeping it until right before I move. It's very hard to give up my baby. ) and move on without having to stay here for six more mounts and get a new lease. I just want to move forward soon and get the new part of my life started. I just want to have a farm and get back to the simple life and retire now as opposed to staying in the rat race much longer. I know the good Lord will help us find just what we are looking for in his time. I'm sure he has even better land for me. I just must wait on him for the best to come. It always comes when he sees fit.

Atlas
Hey, if you ever do get some good farm land and need an extra farm hand please do think of me since I am without work for an unforseen amount of time. Also, I am a back to the land sorta guy and farming is something I would love to be involved with. Anywho, I'll be praying for you as you continue your search.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Hey, if you ever do get some good farm land and need an extra farm hand please do think of me since I am without work for an unforseen amount of time. Also, I am a back to the land sorta guy and farming is something I would love to be involved with. Anywho, I'll be praying for you as you continue your search.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Heck, I was thinking about crab fishing in the Bering Sea...I suppose farming is a slightly less dangerous proposition for someone out of a job.

Hint: Discovery Channel featured the Alaskan Crab industry on a show called "The Deadliest Catch." (Don't tell my wife, she freaks out when she thinks about the crab thing and me being gone for a month or two )
Old 01-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Heck, I was thinking about crab fishing in the Bering Sea...I suppose farming is a slightly less dangerous proposition for someone out of a job.

Hint: Discovery Channel featured the Alaskan Crab industry on a show called "The Deadliest Catch." (Don't tell my wife, she freaks out when she thinks about the crab thing and me being gone for a month or two )

We watch that show semi-regularly...........more power to ya, brother!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Bro. Parrish

Atlas, I hope that works out for your retirement. I was raised on a farm when I was young, it was a great experience. Crabs, don't get me started on the crabs, I love those things with hot butter...
Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Atlas, I hope that works out for your retirement. I was raised on a farm when I was young, it was a great experience. Crabs, don't get me started on the crabs, I love those things with hot butter...
I've never had crab...I'd like to give it a shot though. I'll try anything once...except perhaps squid or Vietnamese fish sauce.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Bro. Parrish

Seriously? I like them all; Stone Crab, Blue Crab, it's all good. King Crab is the best but they are pricey. Dungeness is really good too, we caught our own out in Washington State and cooked them on the campfire. Brother you need to go down to a local seafood house and order some Snow Crab with melted butter, and may I suggest a Calamari appetizer... Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...
Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Seriously? I like them all; Stone Crab, Blue Crab, it's all good. King Crab is the best but they are pricey. Dungeness is really good too, we caught our own out in Washington State and cooked them on the campfire. Brother you need to go down to a local seafood house and order some Snow Crab with melted butter, and may I suggest a Calamari appetizer... Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...
We have a Joe's Crab Shack in Dayton and a Red Lobster in Richmond...other than that, we seem to be a little short on seafood places, at least that I know about. I do enjoy seafood...we'll give 'er a shot after the Lord gives me a job.