General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
Hi,
...Welcome!

I'm new here too, and have loved my time here so far. I have also come here to fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters and rest from the battle.

We had a wonderful KJ only church in TN, godly Bible believing pastor and congregation. We moved across the country almost 2 yrs ago and have not found a church where we are yet. Email me anytime.

God bless you sis. Again, welcome!
So many real Christians, in here. It's nice. I get tired of finding out that a person is just a poser, a fake. It's relaxing to log in, here.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
2 verses from the niv and 2 pages of Cs lewis, while blatantly flashing the devils cornet sign about 20 times during his "sermon" I spent the entire sermon praying. That was the last time I set foot in that Church, I got outside, dusted my shoes off and never went back.
The message is one of the most ungodly translations that has ever reared its ugly head
It is so good to hear people say the NIV is wrong, and bad, and to FINALLY hear people say CS Lewis is bad. What do you think about the Chronicles of Narnia? That's a mess! Unbelievable how many people think that's Christian.
And, what REALLY amazes me, is, how many so called Christians have NO problem with the damnable Harry Potter books and movies!
Where is the discernment? Where is the rebuking, and reproof?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Define IFB.
IFB= Independent Fundamental Baptist. They seem to be a loose affiliation of independent churches as opposed to a denomination. Anyone please feel to correct me or elaborate. Here is what IFB churches believe according to their website: http://www.ifbweb.com/index.php?opti...d=12&Itemid=26

WE BELIEVE

That the Bible is inspired (God-breathed), inerrant, and ALL of it is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.

Further, that the King James AV1611 version, translated from the Majority Text (also known as the Textus Receptus and sometimes referred to as the Byzantine text), is God's Word preserved in English.

That the earth and the heavens were created in six literal 24 hour days; upon this, the foundation of the Bible rests, for if this is incorrect, then ALL scripture is suspect.

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, died on the Cross, and rose again 3 days later; God in the flesh, who sacrificed Himself that we may know the Gift of Eternal Life.

That the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are the Trinity; three persons in one, each distinct from the others, while also the same.

That all we must do in order to receive this free gift is call upon His name, for Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; that whosever (meaning you and I) calleth upon His name shall not die, but have everlasting life.

This is how simple it is:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There are those that believe you can say a prayer, and bingo, you're saved! That's not true; it gives a false impression that saying the prayer is what saves you. What saves you is Christ, and only Christ. Do you need to pray? OH, YEAH! That's part of Romans 10:9 - confessing with the mouth. But praying a special prayer or mantra will not help you receive Christ. Only your decision to accept Jesus as your savior (turn to God) will save you.

It was preached by John the Baptist and Jesus Himself that we must repent (turn away from our sinful lives). Because of that, some folks preach that we must repent and then accept; however, this order is wrong. Repentence will not save us; it is belief that saves us, and God works repentence in us the moment we truly believe and are saved. True repentence is a desire of the heart to turn away from our old lives, and to turn to God and work to please Him. Just as a child will say, "Daddy, look what I did" in order to please us and seek approval, we who have been saved earnestly desire to seek His approval. Ephesians 2:10

Trust Christ. Turn to God. Accept Jesus as your savior. Turn away from sin.

Confess to everyone that you've accepted Jesus, not in words or deeds, but truly accepted Him.

If you've trusted in Christ as your saviour, then I'm happy and excited for you. Please feel free to e-mail us and let us know of your decision!

BUT, it doesn't stop there. Now that you're a new creature in Christ, there are some ways to help you grow spiritually.

1. SHARE with others the commitment you've made. Acts 1:8

2. Be baptized. Baptism acts as a public profession of your decision, is an act of obedience, and identifies you with Christ, . Matthew 28:19, Acts 8:35-40, Romans 6:3-5

3. Study the Bible. The Bible will reveal God's plan for your life, and give you guidance, strength, and solace when you need it. It is the "guidebook" for every Christian. 2 Timothy 2:15

4. Attend church regularly. As a person who experimented with several different religions, I recommend you find a church that touts itself as "fundamental". These are the few churches that teach exactly what the Bible says, and not what someone wants it to say. Participate in worship services and Christian fellowship.
YOU HAVE AN EXCITING JOURNEY AHEAD OF YOU AS YOU CONTINUE TO GROW IN CHRIST. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WE'LL BE HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED. GOD BLESS!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
It is so good to hear people say the NIV is wrong, and bad, and to FINALLY hear people say CS Lewis is bad. What do you think about the Chronicles of Narnia? That's a mess! Unbelievable how many people think that's Christian.
And, what REALLY amazes me, is, how many so called Christians have NO problem with the damnable Harry Potter books and movies!
Where is the discernment? Where is the rebuking, and reproof?
Sister, I understand what you are saying but the difference in some of the books you name here is that if a person claims a given work is "Christian" and it's not, it needs to be dealt with. Potter, Tolkien, and other works must be recognized as just the works of men. What I see as damaging is this "separatist" doctrine many Christians have in that they first draw off so far from the world that they appear and act as if they are aliens from a UFO. The only time they venture out is to complain about some book or movie the world has made. When I was a child I remember preachers going on and on and on and on about how "evil" The Flinstones, Warner Bro. Cartoons, and Quick Draw McGraw was. As I've tried to advise Luke and Chris, we need to find a center in ourselves and recognize we are flesh and a Spirit, that do not have any mutual interaction with each other. We need to venture out of our monasteries and carry out our commission for today, the real "great" commission in that we are ministers of the reconciliation to wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself and be ambassadors for Christ, beginning with our next door neighbor.

We need to not worry about what the world is doing now but tell humanity what Jesus Christ has already done.

The height of the street ministry I was involved in was in 1987-89. One night we had a group of Pentecostals come out, gather in a circle, whoop and blab gibberish, then they went to their cars and left. I stopped one woman what she was doing. She said they just "named and claimed" the Street "for Jesus". I said, then what are we doing here still? Blank stare. I asked her to stand still for 60 seconds. When she did, I pointed to 7 bars and 3 adult books stores and asked her, if it's named and claimed, why are they still open and people still going in and out? Blank stare. She left without a word.

No one wants to go where Christ is not named and preach the gospel of His grace. But they will complain about Madonna.

Another night I walked up the street to a place called NEON MOVIES. They were playing The Last Temptation Of Christ. The Complainers were outside with their signs and guitars and I didn't see a Bible or tract among them. I stood in the gutter till they finished singing with this huge KJV in my hand. One guy asked me if I wanted to join in the protest and come put my Bible over on the table with the guitar cases. I merely said that when they are done with this foolishness, come justify the Blood shed for them and come up the street and do some real work.

One young man followed me back. The rest stood, blank stares.

I am not a nice person.

His name was Mark, he was a United Methodist, and he saw us witnessing and he got his noodle cooked that night. He went nuts. I thought he was gonna climb on a trashcan and start preaching. I never saw a child on a sugar-high get that manic. I rarely saw a Christian witness for Jesus Christ that fevently either. He parked himself in front of a bar and tracted everyone going in. I walked across the street and looked inside, the floor was carpeted with our tracts. He and I went in, picked them all up, and gave them out again. His words will not return unto Him void.

That was the night they called the cops on us(again). I told the cop to hit the road, First Ammendment, go catch a crook.

I am not a nice person.

Sister, I understand your feelings. Don't be concerned about what JK Rowling(Potter) writes. be concerned with what God has already wrote.
We're not theater and book critics, we're ambassadors for Christ.

The deadliest weapon in the world is not a Marine and his rifle, the deadliest weapon in the world is a Christian with a Bible.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM

Wonderfully powerful words, Tony!! AMEN brother!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 AM

Bible Reader As you can see and read from the many Welcome! This is trully one of the most KJB Bible believing Forums around...its members are sincere,honest, KJB believers. If you haven't looked around yet, please go into the Bible Studies/Doctrine sections...and try to read the 'sticky's". There is a wealth of studies over there
I look forward to reading your posts and getting to fellowship with you.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Wonderfully powerful words, Tony!! AMEN brother!
Oh, you LIKE all that, eh, Jassy?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
Bible Reader As you can see and read from the many Welcome! This is trully one of the most KJB Bible believing Forums around...its members are sincere,honest, KJB believers. If you haven't looked around yet, please go into the Bible Studies/Doctrine sections...and try to read the 'sticky's". There is a wealth of studies over there
I look forward to reading your posts and getting to fellowship with you.
I look forward to reading your posts, too, and to getting to know the members in here.
HOW, btw, do I look up various other people's posts?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Well then, brother bones, you would appreciate me, as I go EVERY day, almost, and pass out tracts.
Some CHRISTIANS, I'm saying, not lost people, some who claim to be Christians, should stop supporting the likes of Hollywood, ungodly authors,
sinful playthings, et al.
I don't come to lost people and tell them they are on the way to Hell, no, Tony. I do tell Christians to repent, to get OUT of the world, before it's too late! What comes to mind is the parable of the wise and foolish virgins.
All were virgins, all had lamps, all were waiting for the bridegroom.
Only half of them got into heaven, though. The rest were left outside, to burn in torments forever.
Please don't judge me before you know me, fully. I think you and I have a lot in common. I also understand what YOU are saying, and believe me, it's frustrating to show the love of Jesus while devilish pentecostals are gibber jabbering, and either scaring lost people, or making them laugh.
The lost have got to be dealt with kindly, and with love.
I agree.
The Christians, though, who promote worldly filth, need to be called out front and center, and told what Jesus says about loving the world. The love of the Father is not in them, if they love the world, and promote the ungodly witchcraft and doctrines of demons that are flooding the church today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Sister, I understand what you are saying but the difference in some of the books you name here is that if a person claims a given work is "Christian" and it's not, it needs to be dealt with. Potter, Tolkien, and other works must be recognized as just the works of men. What I see as damaging is this "separatist" doctrine many Christians have in that they first draw off so far from the world that they appear and act as if they are aliens from a UFO. The only time they venture out is to complain about some book or movie the world has made. When I was a child I remember preachers going on and on and on and on about how "evil" The Flinstones, Warner Bro. Cartoons, and Quick Draw McGraw was. As I've tried to advise Luke and Chris, we need to find a center in ourselves and recognize we are flesh and a Spirit, that do not have any mutual interaction with each other. We need to venture out of our monasteries and carry out our commission for today, the real "great" commission in that we are ministers of the reconciliation to wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself and be ambassadors for Christ, beginning with our next door neighbor.

We need to not worry about what the world is doing now but tell humanity what Jesus Christ has already done.

The height of the street ministry I was involved in was in 1987-89. One night we had a group of Pentecostals come out, gather in a circle, whoop and blab gibberish, then they went to their cars and left. I stopped one woman what she was doing. She said they just "named and claimed" the Street "for Jesus". I said, then what are we doing here still? Blank stare. I asked her to stand still for 60 seconds. When she did, I pointed to 7 bars and 3 adult books stores and asked her, if it's named and claimed, why are they still open and people still going in and out? Blank stare. She left without a word.

No one wants to go where Christ is not named and preach the gospel of His grace. But they will complain about Madonna.

Another night I walked up the street to a place called NEON MOVIES. They were playing The Last Temptation Of Christ. The Complainers were outside with their signs and guitars and I didn't see a Bible or tract among them. I stood in the gutter till they finished singing with this huge KJV in my hand. One guy asked me if I wanted to join in the protest and come put my Bible over on the table with the guitar cases. I merely said that when they are done with this foolishness, come justify the Blood shed for them and come up the street and do some real work.

One young man followed me back. The rest stood, blank stares.

I am not a nice person.

His name was Mark, he was a United Methodist, and he saw us witnessing and he got his noodle cooked that night. He went nuts. I thought he was gonna climb on a trashcan and start preaching. I never saw a child on a sugar-high get that manic. I rarely saw a Christian witness for Jesus Christ that fevently either. He parked himself in front of a bar and tracted everyone going in. I walked across the street and looked inside, the floor was carpeted with our tracts. He and I went in, picked them all up, and gave them out again. His words will not return unto Him void.

That was the night they called the cops on us(again). I told the cop to hit the road, First Ammendment, go catch a crook.

I am not a nice person.

Sister, I understand your feelings. Don't be concerned about what JK Rowling(Potter) writes. be concerned with what God has already wrote.
We're not theater and book critics, we're ambassadors for Christ.

The deadliest weapon in the world is not a Marine and his rifle, the deadliest weapon in the world is a Christian with a Bible.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-27-2009, 03:07 PM

I feel compelled to post the parable:

1: Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2: And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3: They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5: While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6: And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7: Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8: And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9: But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10: And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11: Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12: But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Notice the wise virgins did NOT, I repeat, did NOT share their oil with the foolish virgins.

You, reader, as you read this post, which are you? Wise, or foolish? Are you absolutely sure you're ready for the bridegroom?
Jesus is coming back, soon, and ONLY for his own. He will reject the foolish, and take in the wise.