Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Just_a_thought,
If you want the text of these early English versions, check out the trial offer for SwordSearcher on this forum. It contains these texts with very easy comparison tools.
I will have to look into that. Thanks for the idea!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 AM

Since I do feel there is some tension on this forum over the Geneva I have changed my sig line over to the KJV 1611. I am not out to offend anyone.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I must say that I am somewhat jealous of you. I wish to own copies of all those other Bibles too! Do you have any old leafs? I have two both of the Geneva. I orderd one but the company sent me a second one free. One is from 1589 and the other from1615.
I have their texts on my software, SwordSearcher.

The only "original" edition of any old Bible I have is a single page from the first print run in 1611 of the KJV. It is the page with Psalms 138:2.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The only "original" edition of any old Bible I have is a single page from the first print run in 1611 of the KJV. It is the page with Psalms 138:2.
DROOL! DROOL! I wonder how many of those exist today?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
DROOL! DROOL! I wonder how many of those exist today?
I honestly have no idea. Probably not many. But they are very durable pages, since they were made of clothing fibers. The page I have was removed from an incomplete 1611 printing. (There was a company that specialized in selling these individual pages.) I got mine in barter over eight years ago. It's carefully framed of course.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
It's carefully framed of course.
It must be one of the "originals"!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I have their texts on my software, SwordSearcher.

1611 are expensive! If I get one it will be from 1612 or more than likely 1613. There is a big price difference. I think that is awesome that you were able to get one.

I have not framed mine yet but plan to in about 3 months or so.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:33 PM

If you are going to compromise on 1611, and accept a 1612 or 1613, then why not be entirely logical, and accept the King James Bible freed from typographical errors, with standardised spelling, that people have FREE access to today?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
If you are going to compromise on 1611, and accept a 1612 or 1613, then why not be entirely logical, and accept the King James Bible freed from typographical errors, with standardised spelling, that people have FREE access to today?
What!? How am I compromising? I never said I did not except the current KJV. I personally do not believe there is any perfect Bible in the English Language including the Geneva. I am not out to attack the KJV either. God has blessed the KJV and I would never raise a finger against it. I know the popular opinion on this forum is that the KJV is perfect and thr inspired Word of God. I knew this when I signed up and do not plan on trying to prove my opinion to anyone here. I respect your beliefs and plan on tying not to offend anyone with my belief.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
What!? How am I compromising? I never said I did not except the current KJV. I personally do not believe there is any perfect Bible in the English Language including the Geneva. I am not out to attack the KJV either. God has blessed the KJV and I would never raise a finger against it. I know the popular opinion on this forum is that the KJV is perfect and thr inspired Word of God. I knew this when I signed up and do not plan on trying to prove my opinion to anyone here. I respect your beliefs and plan on tying not to offend anyone with my belief.

Please clarify. Are you saying that what you believe determines the objective truth? And just what is "personally", i.e., I here this often re. many moral/theological issues today-mostly politicians. Ever heard the argument:

I am "personally Against abortion, i.e., I "personally" do not believe it is right/moral....., but I don't want to impose my "personal" beliefs on others. By that "argument", let's all go home, pack it in, and if anyone paid a fee to be a member of this board, let's refund the money. For Judges 21:25 has come full circle="All mushrooms are good."

No-Belief and objective truth are independent.

It is irrelevant what I say, what you say, or what I or you "personally" believe.The only issue is: Does what I "personally" believe "line up" with the objective truth of the scriptures?- Isaiah 8:20, "...what saith the scripture?...(Romans 4:3, Galatians 4:30).

So, does the Holy Bible testify, witness that it is perfect, or not? Yes or No? Simple. If yes, it is quite irrelevant if you or I believe it or not, since truth goes on eternally whether you/I/anyone else believes it or not.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen