Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM

That was just pure out and out strife and contention, I feel hurt spiritually after all that, honestly im in tears here, what Kind of Christian does that to other Christians?
Im gonna take a break for a few days
God Bless you all.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Here is a FACT Eric

Acts 12:4

All modern versions translate it as Passover

The KJB and earlier english translate it as Easter... why?

Well, When Tyndale translated his Bible, he had some understanding of God's word. He knew that the Passover was ONE day, followed by the days of unleavened bread.

He also had to invent a word for Pascha, because no equivelent existed in english (and why would it, we never celebrated any jewish holidays). So he invented the word Passover, which is a good descriptive word.

He used it in every place that Pascha was, except Acts 12:4

His reasoning being that since the passover was PASSED, and it was now the days of unleavened bread, and King Herod couldn't care less about a jewish day, Herod was looking forward to his pagan Easter, which would fall after the days of unleavened bread.

And you can do this little test. Ask a greek man what the word for Easter is - Pascha. Ask a greek man what the word for Passover is - Pascha.

That is a FACT. And the FACT that no modern version includes this, should be enough to put the KJB head and shoulders, knees and toes above the rest.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
That was just pure out and out strife and contention, I feel hurt spiritually after all that, honestly im in tears here, what Kind of Christian does that to other Christians?
God Bless you all.
Brother, was it something I said?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:46 PM

People,

Quote:
God Bless you all.

This is the reason Eric is here, to cause trouble. Do not give this troll the satisfaction of running you off for any amount of time. he is here for one reason and one reason only, to cause trouble. That is it. Do not let this troll get the best of you.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 PM

Luke,

You are not the to make trouble, that would be Eric. The only reason why here is here is to cause problems. Am I the only one that sees this?

This may also be a reaction to my post to Eric.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 PM
ericwgreene

Atlas - you only prove my point.

Atlas defined:

Classical Mythology. a Titan, son of Iapetus and brother of Prometheus and Epimetheus, condemned to support the sky on his shoulders: identified by the ancients with the Atlas Mountains.

Why do you take the name of a Greek god?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Luke Brother! NO it was not you my friend no not at all, I am speaking of Eric, not you Dear Brother I agree with you 100%
I just had to come back on and clarify that, But I will take a break for a day or so, I don't normally get like that when we have those that bring contention, but while I was typing I just burst out crying ( And no Eric im not charismatic for showing some emotion)
I just felt a bit spiritually hurt Brother Luke with what this man is doing on the forums.

God Bless
Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Eric,

No you proved my point. You do not care enough about your family and friend to stop them from being deceived. You care enough about strangers to stop them from being deceived by Jack Chick tracts. I find this odd don't you?

Where is your reply to my post? Is my post not true? Did Jesus not take a " bold stand " opposed to false teachers? he he not who you wish to b? Did he let his family and friends be deceived without saying anything about the false teachers?

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
As a young Christian, I received no instruction, no history, and no persuasion from men or books. Just the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit. I cannot offer anything in addition to that. The Spirit, through the Word, written in the KJB, bore witness with my spirit. All of the historical evidence simply confirms what I already knew.
ERIC. Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you are the child of God? If not, be saved. If so, how does He do it?

Last edited by Forrest; 09-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Here is a FACT Eric

Acts 12:4

All modern versions translate it as Passover

The KJB and earlier english translate it as Easter... why?

Well, When Tyndale translated his Bible, he had some understanding of God's word. He knew that the Passover was ONE day, followed by the days of unleavened bread.

He also had to invent a word for Pascha, because no equivelent existed in english (and why would it, we never celebrated any jewish holidays). So he invented the word Passover, which is a good descriptive word.

He used it in every place that Pascha was, except Acts 12:4

His reasoning being that since the passover was PASSED, and it was now the days of unleavened bread, and King Herod couldn't care less about a jewish day, Herod was looking forward to his pagan Easter, which would fall after the days of unleavened bread.

And you can do this little test. Ask a greek man what the word for Easter is - Pascha. Ask a greek man what the word for Passover is - Pascha.

That is a FACT. And the FACT that no modern version includes this, should be enough to put the KJB head and shoulders, knees and toes above the rest.
Luke - first let me thank you for taking the time to seriously respond to my challenge. Next, I must admit ignorance on this particular line of argument (although I do have some vague memory of hearing it before). If we accept your reasoning as correct (and I do not doubt your argument on this) why not just use Tyndale's translation? Why use the KJB?