Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Default Search for a 'pocket' Cambridge AV

I,ve been trying to find a 'pocket' AV for some time here in the U.K but had little success. Any ideas where I can get a Cambridge AV?

Yours in Him,
Rob (W.I.E.Y)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why I Eyes Ya! View Post
I,ve been trying to find a 'pocket' AV for some time here in the U.K but had little success. Any ideas where I can get a Cambridge AV?
How small is "pocket sized" for you?

The Cambridge Pitt Minion is a very nice small thin Bible.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ekingjamesbibl
Old 04-05-2008, 05:38 AM
PetrosPaulos

Try looking at bibles-direct.com. This is the website of R.L Allan and Son publishers of glasgow I bought a cambridge pocket reference bible goatskin with zipper which costs 40 sterling pounds. This is one of the best KJV pocket bibles in the world! Durable, sturdy and handy.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:21 AM

Default Search for a pocket Cambridge AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why I Eyes Ya! View Post

Yours in Him,
Rob (W.I.E.Y)
Hello Rob. Try the Trinitarian Bible Society in London. The Bibles and N.T.s that they have for sale are made by Cambridge Press. They are a little less expensive. Look for their "Pocket Reference Bible". The size is 5-1/4" x 3-1/2" x 3/4". Hope this helps.

P.S. Friendly reminder (as someone who used to work at two Christian book stores)---Check the font size of the print before you send the money. It does NO good to have a compact/pocket Bible if you can't see the letters- . { Once a woman in her late 60's-early 70's wanted to buy a "Compact Bible with Giant print..." She refused to believe me as I tried to explain that Giant Print requires a big page, and a bigger page makes the book larger. [It's called "physics"]. After several minutes of her basically calling me a liar...I said; ..."Ma'am-You cannot put an elephant in a canary cage!" Her husband started busting-up laughing, and said "I tried to tell her that but she won't listen to me!"

www.trintarianbiblesociety.org
Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Hi Bro.Rob,
TBS have some good Pocket Bibles and they are Cambridge, also you can get the Cambridge Compact as well. Any Christian (I use the term loosely as you know for the UK ) Bookstore can order you one up.
I do not know what purpose you want it for, I have a TBS one also a Pocket Concord, I have used a Holman Large Print Compact which is a whopper of a print size in a pocket Bible, Ritchie stocks them heres a link..http://www.ritchiechristianmedia.co....roducts_id=611

Allens as has been said are really good, my Preaching/Study/come can do all Bible comes from there. They are Good Folks..
Hope this helps and Happy Hunting..
Every Blessing
Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 AM

Lightbulb

oops---The link I posted above for The Trinitarian Bible Society doesn't want to link...

I looked it up again via a search engine, so here goes:

http://www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org/ They have branches in other countries. Look in the left hand column for the Catalogs/products/prices.