Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 PM

Post The Final Authority

I have noticed that a lot of Anti-KJVO say that KJV Onlyist worship the King James Bible and King James. That is stupid to say since most of us our Baptists and are strictly against worshiping anything but God.

Do you want to know why we put God's Word on high? We put God's Word on high because God said to!

Psalm 138:2
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME." KJV

Read that last part of the verse again and pray about it. Do you magnify God's Word? Do you believe it? ...or do you believe parts of it and study from 3-4 different "bibles" that all contradict each other?

People are always putting down King James. King James done this, King James done that. Well don't you worry bud, God will use who He sees fit to use. I bet if you lived in the Bible days you would put down people like Noah(the drunk) and David(the adulterer). You see, it doesn't matter what you think. It is not about you or your likens, it is all about GOD. God will use who He wants to, no matter what you think.

Acts 13:22
"..I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart.." KJV

What about the "originals"? Well, what about them? You haven't seen them. They are G-O-N-E. I believe they were indeed inspired, but God did not preserve them obviously. But you know what? God DID inspired the King James Bible and God DID preserve the King James Bible. If we don't have God's Word today, then God is a liar and let me tell you something. I'll believe God over a Greek scholar any day of the week.

Psalms 12:7
"Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE them from this generation FOR EVER." KJV

2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" KJV

Jeremiah 36:23
"And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he CUT it with the penknife, and cast it into the FIRE that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth." KJV

You see that? All your talk about the originals when some of them were cut up and thrown in a fire. If God inspired the second copy of the Ten Commandments, then I don't doubt one bit that He can inspire His Word again in the King James Bible.
(By the way, this is my second time typing this post. I don't think the devil wanted me to post this because the computer crashed the first time I typed it lol. I thought about not typing it all over again, but then I thought, "if God can inspire His Commandments and Bible two times, then He can sure lead me to type this two times. Amen?")

What about when people from the New Testament quoted the Old Testament that was written in Hebrew? The New Testament was written in Greek. Did it lose it's inspiration because it was put in a different language? I think not.

So why did God choose English? It's simple if you think about it. God knew that English would be the most spoken language in the world and He wanted as many people to get saved and study His Word as possible. How could that happen with the Greek, when no one hardly speaks it anymore? He chose to inspire and preserve His Word in the English speaking language in the King James Bible, authorized by a King.

Eccl 8:4
"Where the word of a KING is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?" KJV

Another thing is when we say that our final authority is the King James Bible and people say, "well God is my authority, not some book." Well I agree, God is my final authority, but God said something and put it in a book, inspired the book, preserved the book, so I'm going to believe and submit to THAT BOOK!

Let me put it to you like this. Do you love your father? Do you respect your father? Do you SUBMIT to what your father SAYS?

Do you love God? Do you respect God? Do you submit to what God SAYS and has put in HIS BOOK aka The King James Bible?

...or do you submit to your Greek teacher and believe what he says? What do you MAGNIFY? God's Word that He inspired or some "educated" Greek scholar? Well let me tell you something. God doesn't look up to a man that "educates" someone out of believing His Word one bit.

1 Corinthians 3:18-21
18 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" KJV

I'm going to stop right here. If you're reading this and you don't believe the King James Bible is God's Word, please study and pray about this. That doesn't mean go ask your Greek teacher either. It means go to prayer with GOD and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal unto you the TRUTH. Ask God to break your pride and reveal truth on this subject. Don't let your pride keep you from magnifying God's Word and how can you magnify God's Word when you don't know what God's Word is?

John 17:17
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is TRUTH." KJV

Thanks for reading and God Bless

Last edited by Cody1611; 03-25-2008 at 10:29 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-25-2008, 11:48 PM
jerry

Quote:
Well don't you worry bud, God will use who He sees fit to use. I bet if you lived in the Bible days you would put down people like Noah(the drunk) and David(the adulterer). You see, it doesn't matter what you think. It is not about you or your likens, it is all about GOD. God will use who He wants to, no matter what you think.
I realize what you are saying, but there are no Bible passages that indicate God used any OT believers in the midst of their sins. He used them once they repented and got their sin right. As far as Bible writers go, God used holy men - not unrighteous men.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:43 AM

Cody,

As always that is a good post bro. I can tell you thought that out very well my friend.

Atlas
Old 03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Paul Foltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
I have noticed that a lot of Anti-KJVO say that KJV Onlyist worship the King James Bible and King James. That is stupid to say since most of us our Baptists and are strictly against worshiping anything but God.

Do you want to know why we put God's Word on high? We put God's Word on high because God said to!

Psalm 138:2
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME." KJV

Read that last part of the verse again and pray about it. Do you magnify God's Word? Do you believe it? ...or do you believe parts of it and study from 3-4 different "bibles" that all contradict each other?

People are always putting down King James. King James done this, King James done that. Well don't you worry bud, God will use who He sees fit to use. I bet if you lived in the Bible days you would put down people like Noah(the drunk) and David(the adulterer). You see, it doesn't matter what you think. It is not about you or your likens, it is all about GOD. God will use who He wants to, no matter what you think.

Acts 13:22
"..I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart.." KJV

What about the "originals"? Well, what about them? You haven't seen them. They are G-O-N-E. I believe they were indeed inspired, but God did not preserve them obviously. But you know what? God DID inspired the King James Bible and God DID preserve the King James Bible. If we don't have God's Word today, then God is a liar and let me tell you something. I'll believe God over a Greek scholar any day of the week.

Psalms 12:7
"Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE them from this generation FOR EVER." KJV

2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" KJV

Jeremiah 36:23
"And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he CUT it with the penknife, and cast it into the FIRE that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth." KJV

You see that? All your talk about the originals when some of them were cut up and thrown in a fire. If God inspired the second copy of the Ten Commandments, then I don't doubt one bit that He can inspire His Word again in the King James Bible.
(By the way, this is my second time typing this post. I don't think the devil wanted me to post this because the computer crashed the first time I typed it lol. I thought about not typing it all over again, but then I thought, "if God can inspire His Commandments and Bible two times, then He can sure lead me to type this two times. Amen?")

What about when people from the New Testament quoted the Old Testament that was written in Hebrew? The New Testament was written in Greek. Did it lose it's inspiration because it was put in a different language? I think not.

So why did God choose English? It's simple if you think about it. God knew that English would be the most spoken language in the world and He wanted as many people to get saved and study His Word as possible. How could that happen with the Greek, when no one hardly speaks it anymore? He chose to inspire and preserve His Word in the English speaking language in the King James Bible, authorized by a King.

Eccl 8:4
"Where the word of a KING is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?" KJV

Another thing is when we say that our final authority is the King James Bible and people say, "well God is my authority, not some book." Well I agree, God is my final authority, but God said something and put it in a book, inspired the book, preserved the book, so I'm going to believe and submit to THAT BOOK!

Let me put it to you like this. Do you love your father? Do you respect your father? Do you SUBMIT to what your father SAYS?

Do you love God? Do you respect God? Do you submit to what God SAYS and has put in HIS BOOK aka The King James Bible?

...or do you submit to your Greek teacher and believe what he says? What do you MAGNIFY? God's Word that He inspired or some "educated" Greek scholar? Well let me tell you something. God doesn't look up to a man that "educates" someone out of believing His Word one bit.

1 Corinthians 3:18-21
18 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" KJV

I'm going to stop right here. If you're reading this and you don't believe the King James Bible is God's Word, please study and pray about this. That doesn't mean go ask your Greek teacher either. It means go to prayer with GOD and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal unto you the TRUTH. Ask God to break your pride and reveal truth on this subject. Don't let your pride keep you from magnifying God's Word and how can you magnify God's Word when you don't know what God's Word is?

John 17:17
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is TRUTH." KJV

Thanks for reading and God Bless
You're right my brother The AV1611 is God's preserved Word for the English-speaking people of the world, and so are the other languages taken from the Received Text.
Paul Foltz
Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
"if God can inspire His Commandments and Bible two times, then He can sure lead me to type this two times. Amen?")[/i]
So that would be double inspiration?
What of derivitive inspiration?
What of the accurate faithful translations in non-English?

Last edited by Debau; 03-31-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
So that would be double inspiration?
What of derivitive inspiration?
What of the accurate faithful translations in non-English?
I believe in only one inspiration of the Bible as we have it today. There cannot be any more inspiration after when the Canon was closed with the Revelation of John. The power of inspiration has been retained by preservation, despite the scattering of copies. Therefore, the King James Bible is the inspired Word of God, but its translators were not inspired, and there was no inspiration between 1604 to 1611. Rather, the translators were chief gatherers of the preserved Scripture which was originally inspiried, transmitted via copies and faithfully compiled together.

While the Word of God has come forth in many forms, and various copies, and various versions and translations, we yet have the best, full and final form of the Scripture. I think that the King James Bible is more accurate than any extant copy or any version today. And I think that no improvement can be made on the King James Bible, and that no other new translation in any language will come close. Therefore, I think that the King James Bible is it, and as the world speaks English more and more, and as true Christianity is more and more linked with the retention of the King James Bible, I think in time true believers all over the world in every nation will have one Bible. I am also aiming at this, because I think that this is what Providence is indicating.

And so, just as the Geneva Bible was left behind, not because it was bad, but because there was "one more exact Translation of the holy Scriptures into the English Tongue", so I think that all other good foreign translations (and original language compilations) are now really being superseded, even as they are now highly diminished, for learning, for use, for dissemination.