Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM
ericwgreene

Default Bible Version Challenge!

CLEARLY prove to me that God preserved His Word into the English through the KJV.

I want clear proof. Not vague verses that if strung together with unwarranted assumptions proves the KJV is the preserved Word of God...

For example - No using Psalms 12:6,7 or Psalms 138:2. Those are not clear.

Also, I want fact - NOT OPINION.

Anyone up for the challenge?

ONE MORE RULE - No long chained arguments. If KJV-onlyism is the right way it should be apparent.

Last edited by ericwgreene; 09-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Why? Wouldst thou then believe?

Quote:
Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
ericwgreene

Come on Brother Tim - this is serious. This is the bedrock on this board. I would expect at least one fact.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 AM

Brother, I am deadly serious. You demand proof. God demands trust. For those whose eyes are open, the evidence is clear. For those who have determined that there is no evidence, to them it is hidden. By your own admission, your departure from confidence in the KJB as the pure Word of God came from the perceived weakness of another person. Doubt has become the determiner of your faith. You now see questions instead of confidence, therefore the first thing that you will do with any verse that is presented is to claim that it is not clear. You have already done so with your initial post.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
ericwgreene

Brother Tim - cults use the same line of reasoning. You lose. Whose next?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:15 PM

Actually he's right. It was the unbelievers who demanded proof, that Christ said rejected Him. You require a sign, God require's faith and trust.

And if that isn't enough, the fact that other versions are inaccurate, cannot agree even with one another, and are wrong should be.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
ericwgreene

Faith and trust in God and His Word is not equal to KJV-onlyism. That is the assumption you are making Josh.

I am challenging this assumption: Faith and trust in God and His Word is equal to KJV-onlyism.

I am not challenging Faith and trust in God and His Word.

Prove to me that KJV-onlyism represents "Faith and trust in God and His Word"
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM

Eric, you are heading down a path that no one here wants to follow. You are the one who is lost. Your faith was damaged by someone you initially trusted. You now sit under a pastor whom you say supports Ruckman. For that to be true, he would have to be unreservedly KJBO. Therefore, you either are doubting the judgment of your pastor and ought not to remain under his teaching, or you are attempting to convince yourself that you are right and the rest of us are not. I, for one, will not continue the debate. It is useless.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
ericwgreene

Actually... My pastor is thoroughly KJV-only and he knows that I am not. I serve in my church for the time being because I have the opportunity to minister to a group of people whom I dearly love (plus this is the family church - he is the pastor right now - remember this is an SBC church). At some point in the near future, I intend to plant a Reformed Baptist (SBC) church in my area. I ask the question not so that I can be converted back to KJV-onlyism but just to find out if anyone on this board has a compelling argument. As a KJV-only board give me a factual reason for the hope that is within you...

Why is this so hard to do. This is the POINT OF UNITY of this group. And yet, no one can give me a fact - just one.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
Brother Tim - cults use the same line of reasoning. You lose. Whose next?
Can you be any more contentious? If you once were KJV only and changed, that's your problem, don't come to this forum and stir up strife and look for answers you are plainly going to attack.

Proverbs 22:10
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

In the name of my Saviour, The LORD Jesus Christ I will refrain from anymore to do with this man who comes to bring strife and contention and sow discord.

Proverbs 6:14
Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.