Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Bro. Parrish

Default PETA says fish are SEA KITTENS...

I know we focus a lot on Bible words here, but...
According to PETA, I guess Jesus didn't feed the 5 thousand with fish.
They were SEA KITTENS!!!!!

PETA's campaign to
RENAME FISH AS "SEA KITTENS"

A CAMPAIGN to rename fish as "sea kittens" in order to improve their image ... Outspoken animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is using the "sea kitten" name as part of its push to restrict fishing.

"We're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover."

I'm not making this up people, here's the proof:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...a-kittens.html
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...PfLkgD95JS6480
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-10-2009, 06:03 PM

As if PETA weren't rediculous enough...wow. I mean, if they didn't do such stipud stuff, they might actually be able to accomplish some good. I mean, I'm completely against abusing animals. God put them in our care. We are to take care of them. But, they are animals. We are humans. We eat certain animals. That is also God's design...for now.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:54 PM

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. That's the kind of PETA I like.

Prov. 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Conservation, not environmentalism, is the correct way to preserve our planet. If we quit killing animals, we'd be overrun with diseased wildlife within a couple years, and it would destroy our ecology. I suppose they neglect to mention that when they whine about "hurting" innocent animals.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Well, these people have proven once again what a nightmare they are. I don't hate anyone, but I really can't stand what these fools come up with sometimes. Sea kittens? Give me a break.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Bro. Parrish

LOL, I need some tartar sauce and hush puppies
to go with that fried sea kitten...
Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
LOL, I need some tartar sauce and hush puppies
to go with that fried sea kitten...
I love me some fried sea kitten.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I love me some fried sea kitten.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I'd rather have full grown catfish.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Bro. Parrish

As their website shows, those people are scary...

"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection."
Check this out:
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

Check this out...
they are trying to tell us not to kill the "SEA KITTENS,"
while they are killing REAL KITTENS by the thousands...

PETA Killed More than 90% of
the Animals in its Care in 2007

Virginia State records show PETA has killed over 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens.

Last year, PETA wrangled with the Virginia government for nine months before its 2006 records were finally made public. In a cynical bid to hide the outrageous percentage of animals that wind up in their GIANT WALK IN FREEZER, PETA's leaders tried to lump the pets they spayed or neutered in with those they took in for more than an hour. That squabbling continues, but this year we decided not to wait for the dust to settle.

Instead, with the help of Virginia's public records law, we did a little digging. Responding to our formal legal request, the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) has released PETA's 2007 "Animal Record" report. Although VDACS itself has still not relased this report, we're making it available to the general public.

PETA claims to be dedicated to protecting animals and treating them "ethically"—it’s right there in the group’s name. But killing animals that could otherwise be placed in adoptive homes isn’t terribly ethical, especially for a group whose $30 million annual income is more than enough to do the right thing instead.

In comparison, the Virginia Beach SPCA, right down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, managed to adopt out almost 70% of the animals in its care last year. And it did it on a relative shoestring budget.

Adding PETA's 2007 numbers to the mix, we can now document that the group has put down over 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens.
MORE HERE:
http://petakillsanimals.com/

Policy on euthanasia
"PETA is against the no kill movement and euthanizes the majority of animals that are given to them."

Animal euthanasia and criminal charges
PETA was criticized in 2005 when police discovered that over the course of a month, at least 80 animals had been euthanized and left in area dumpsters. Two PETA employees approached a dumpster in a van registered to PETA and left behind 18 dead animals. Among the bodies in the dumpster were a cat and two of her kittens, given to PETA by veterinarian Patrick Proctor of Ahoskie Animal Hospital. According to Proctor, the two kittens were very adoptable, and he said the PETA employees claimed they would have no trouble finding homes for them..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_...ent_of_Animals
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Whats the big deal? I've been a PETA for many years. I have always been a Person that enjoys Eating Tasty Animals.
Sorry, just had to make some light.