Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
You need to relax and realize not every "CBC" is out to get you or anyone else for this forum. You are crying wolf over someone who is truly trying to figure some things out. If I do not understand it then I have evey right to ask...
Crying wolf?

Hmmm, well what are you "truly" trying to figure out?

Please tell me, because it seems to me that Bro. George has pulled the cover off your box of tricks. You already hinted on the other thread you "figured it out" a long time ago. Your words:

"I was not aware that being called a KJVO was an insult! I claimed that label proudly for over 15 years or more."

Now tell us, since you claimed it (past tense) what made you drop that view? After 15 years what did you "figure out?"
Come on, you can say it, they already know...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-25-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I don't think you've read a single book on the issue.
Oh and it sure is revealing that you cannot gracefully take criticism from your elder who has likely forgotten more than you know.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
OK...my pastor let me borrow a book on this. I do not remeber the name but you can believe me or not. I can not change this.

He called me a smart alec several times and I simply showed him the difference between being a smart alec and just posting my thoughts.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Crying wolf?

Hmmm, well what are you "truly" trying to figure out?

Please tell me, because it seems to me that Bro. George has pulled the cover off your box of tricks. You already hinted on the other thread you "figured it out" a long time ago. Your words:

"I was not aware that being called a KJVO was an insult! I claimed that label proudly for over 15 years or more."

Now tell us, since you claimed it (past tense) what made you drop that view? After 15 years what did you "figure out?"
Come on, you can say it, they already know...
1) Trying to figure out where the KJVO belief stems from.
2) Trying to figure out the different between the KJVOs beliefs. There are several different beliefs and I am trying to figure out the different beliefs.
3) Trying to figure out why KJVOs usually have the opinion that those who use other versions can not grow spiritually. (This is not every KJVOs belief but it is some including my parents.)
4) Some preachers like Bro Schaap have come out to say that the KJV was not inspired but is preserved. Some KJVOs like Bro Fugate have called Bro Schaap out on this. There is divition which I hate since I enjoy most IFBs. I am trying to find where most KJVOs stand on this.
5) I like KJVOs, this is the group I grew up with and am more comfortable with. Hence why I am here.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
1) Trying to figure out where the KJVO belief stems from.
2) Trying to figure out the different between the KJVOs beliefs. There are several different beliefs and I am trying to figure out the different beliefs.
3) Trying to figure out why KJVOs usually have the opinion that those who use other versions can not grow spiritually. (This is not every KJVOs belief but it is some including my parents.)
4) Some preachers like Bro Schaap have come out to say that the KJV was not inspired but is preserved. Some KJVOs like Bro Fugate have called Bro Schaap out on this. There is divition which I hate since I enjoy most IFBs. I am trying to find where most KJVOs stand on this.
5) I like KJVOs, this is the group I grew up with and am more comfortable with. Hence why I am here.
http://www.christianmissionconnectio..._the_Bible.pdf

That's just over 200 pages and will help you to understand what a lot of us believe. If you want to understand more then I'd suggest reading some of Ruckman's books on the subject. His books can be ordered here: http://www.kjv1611.org

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen