Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Brother, just give it some time; you're going through a rough area in your life, and it's wishful thinking to imagine that it would go completely smoothly. I'd suggest simply resting in the Lord for a while; spent time in the Book and pray, but most of all just REST in Him.

Jer. 6:16a Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
I know that I need to just settle down and realize I have THE Word of God in the KJB. I mean, God promised to preserve His Words. If so, it has to be perfectly preserved somewhere. All the evidence points to that being the KJB. And if the KJB is the perfectly preserved Word of God for us in English, if something differs from that--even a little--it is not the perfectly preserved Word of God. I know this in my head. It's just settling it in my heart. It's like salvation for me. It just seems to simple. It's very hard for me to understand that all I have to do is realize that I have sinned against God (which I do), and believe that Jesus is the only way to cover and pay for that sin. It seems to simple and easy for me. Same with the KJB. It seems to simplistic to think that the KJB really is the same Bible God penned by Moses, and Isaiah, and Matthew, and John, and Paul, etc. My thoughts are so getting in the way. I don't know how to get past these things!
You are right, faith in Christ and the Bible is a simple thing, but don't be fooled into thinking that it's "too simple", for such thoughts will bring doubt which will corrupt your mind, according as it is written...2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

God has tried to keep it simple "Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." but it's the Devil (that old serpent) who wants to make it complicated, hence why there are many bibles, many faiths, many gods, etc.

Stick with the simple stuff bro.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I know that I need to just settle down and realize I have THE Word of God in the KJB. I mean, God promised to preserve His Words. If so, it has to be perfectly preserved somewhere.
Yes, He did promise to preserve them, and He did it so you could have them and understand them too, you're on the right track!

Quote:
It's like salvation for me. It just seems to simple. It's very hard for me to understand that all I have to do is realize that I have sinned against God (which I do), and believe that Jesus is the only way to cover and pay for that sin. It seems too simple and easy for me.
Jesus said, "my yoke is EASY and my burden is LIGHT." (Matthew 11:30)

Only when you truly understand the utter depravity of man, and how utterly incapable man is of saving himself, will you then see clearly that only God could solve this problem in the way that He did on the cross. Remember, although it seems easy now, for Christ is was very costly.

Quote:
Same with the KJB. It seems to simplistic to think that the KJB really is the same Bible God penned by Moses, and Isaiah, and Matthew, and John, and Paul, etc. My thoughts are so getting in the way. I don't know how to get past these things!
Just pray and read the Bible. The great truth is, our Bible is even better than the independent writings of those men, because it is complete!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM

In addition to being the infallible Word of God, I personally think the KJB is the most beautiful and poetic language in the history of man, just a personal opinion.

Psalms 23:1 [A Psalm of David.] The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

I cannot imagine language more beautiful that that.