General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 AM

Default 22 Hour electrical blackout

Our Power just came back on at 910Pm after 22 hours of no power we lost most of the food in our refer and that which was saved had to be cooked and eaten so it would not spoil.

the Electric co admitted they had no idea what the problem was but were searching a 100 sq mile area for the problem. they found it in the jungle between the prison colony and Luzviminda about 45 minute drive from where we live.

the problem is the area of the Black out is all on one grid. the grid should be separated into four or five grids so it does affect such a large area when one line has a problem.

anyone with electric company experience is welcome to help them plan the next few years to up grade their system right now they have no one with enough experience.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Bro. Parrish

Hang in there Chette, I feel your pain... when the hurricanes come through the U.S. the power can be out for days, even weeks!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
the problem is the area of the Black out is all on one grid. the grid should be separated into four or five grids so it does affect such a large area when one line has a problem.
You probably have lots of copper wire theft there, as well.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 AM

After I posted the power went out again. came back on during the night.

there is lots of theft of the wiring which are made of a high quality Aluminum and copper. heavy penalty if you get caught.

we haven't entered our rainy season yet. but when the rains come the water causes grounding and the power goes off three times a day sometime for hours. brown outs and black outs are almost daily during Rainy season. I often have to do my preaching outlines and notes by hand, that means getting out all my hard copy of Webster's dictionary, my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to cross reference words and verses, and some commentaries for comparison study.

That's when I am really missing my computer and my Sword Searcher and Power Bible programs which are great helps and time savers.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 PM

Daily brownouts and a total blackout!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 PM

you too huh Sammy?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM

We have a lot of black-outs and brown-outs taking place inside the brains of many of our government leaders currently.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Well, today, another 12-hour brownout here!

Brother Chette and Brother Tim, I suspect that both electrical brownout and brain brownout is going on.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM

I live in northwestern Connecticut, we had a real ice-storm back in February I think it was. We were lucky, we had many downed trees and power lines, and power was off for about 3 days in some areas. We did not lose power where I live. But just 30 miles to the north in Massachusetts there was incredible damage, many said the worst they had ever seen. There were literally tens of thousands of downed trees. A couple of fellows I work with were without power for over 3 weeks.

I think we are going to experience more of these problems in the future with the bad economy, and countries fighting over power supplies. This morning I watched a report that showed how the Ukraine recently cut natural gas supplies to much of Europe. I think we are going to see more of this type of problem.