Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 AM

Fundy:--- !

Traditional Anglican:--- Good Post! Especially the point about The Lord Jesus---> Herod, and The Lord Jesus---> Pilate... That is interesting what happened between Pontius Pilate and Christ Jesus. Then what Mrs. Pilate said about "That Righteous Man"...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-21-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
I am sorry that what I am about to say seems harsh, but how is it that so many Christians view the Roman "Church" as being a true Church? It is the Worlds biggest cult. To say that the High Holy Queen of Heaven is a Mediator and Redeemer is wicked and demonic.
I have to agree,it pains me to see my girlfriends family going to Hell because of the following of man and not Gods Word. Within the last month i have gotten out of a Quaker church and back to a Bible Believing Baptist Church,outside of the back door is construction of a new Catholic church,down the road is a newer built Mormon Temple.

Luke,thank you for those verses. It seems to be harder to reason with people when they have religion as opposesd to a non-believer who doesn't have religion.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
When folks don't hold their Bibles as authority in their lives faith becomes a matter of preference.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
It is evident in my former church,the congregation gets what it wants,be it rituals or entertainment. When using several bibles,how does one find an authority. The church i went to previously, used an NIV, switched to the NLT within the last year,and, has no problem bringing in Rick Warrens theology. Where is your foundation,can you build a house with several cornerstones? Without a final authority there is no authority.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mitchell View Post
My grandson handled this real good in third grade at his catholic school when they were suppose to dress up as a saint for halloween. He was very upset and did not want to go to school that day. I asked him what does the Bible say and told him I was going to take him to school that day. I picked him up that morning and he had on a wind suit. We got to school that morning,the kids line up outside. All his friends were asking what saint he came as. He took off his wind suit and said "myself because the Bible says we are all Saints. He said it in love and truth and that is how we need to do it.
Children can teach us alot of things.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have to agree,it pains me to see my girlfriends family going to Hell because of the following of man and not Gods Word.
All you can do is give them the truth, and let the Lord work upon their hearts. I've family who are not saved. I've told them the truth, which they have rejected, so now I just pray.

Quote:
Within the last month i have gotten out of a Quaker church and back to a Bible Believing Baptist Church,outside of the back door is construction of a new Catholic church,down the road is a newer built Mormon Temple.
I'm glad you're in a church that believes in the authority of the word of God. I left a nice Presbyterian church because they didn't.

Quote:
Luke,thank you for those verses. It seems to be harder to reason with people when they have religion as opposesd to a non-believer who doesn't have religion.
Amen, brother. I see it this way: if a man has a 'religion', he is in control, he doesn't have to listen to any final authority. No wonder all these 'religions' are popular. "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Judges 17:6)

"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." (Proverbs 12:15)

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." (Proverbs 21:2)
Old 11-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have to agree,it pains me to see my girlfriends family going to Hell because of the following of man and not Gods Word. Within the last month i have gotten out of a Quaker church and back to a Bible Believing Baptist Church,outside of the back door is construction of a new Catholic church,down the road is a newer built Mormon Temple.

You need to get your new church to put up a big sign out back with a message for those Catholic pagans and one on the street for the Mormons. Maybe even hand out tracts to people as they go to that fancy new Catholic 'gathering place'.

Peace and Love,
Stephen