Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Why I Eyes Ya!

I've always lived in the U.K, but if Ron Paul gets in I'll be "over the pond" like a shot! Put the kettle on!!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-29-2008, 06:46 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

When I hear Ron Paul talk, he seems like a madman.....could you explain why you want him in?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Hi Paladin,
I guess that I don't really have any right to comment on who gets the presidency of the USA, being a Brit. That being said, I have been following events in the US quite closely. I know that here in the UK the various political parties (Conservative, 'New' Labour, and the Liberal Democrats) are either funded by- and therefore subject to- the interests of 'big business'. Now, I'm certainly no commie (ex-commie, by the Grace of God, to be precise), I fully believe in 'free enterprise', etc.
However, Ron Paul has been outspoken against the unrestrained influence of 'big business' and the international banking cartel. Neither was he a member of the deeply occultic 'skull and bones' (Bush/Kerry).
We have limited access here in the 'democratic' UK to fair nationwide media reporting (even the BBC- once a bastion of impartiality- is now a 'puppet' of the present government) and a majority of my information has come from independent U.S media via the internet.
So far, I've heard nothing from Ron Paul that causes concern.

That being said, I'd certainly be open to anything to the contrary. But I could be wrong- and will gladly admit so if this is the case.
What has Ron Paul said that makes him sound like a 'madman'?

Yours in Him,

Rob (W.I.E.Y)
Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM

I, on the other hand, cannot say that I have done extensive research.

While he has some great ideas, I saw a youtube video where he said that he would legalize prostitution and marajuana.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM

Hey Paladin,
You got a card that says Have Gun Will Travel?
Sorry, I couldn't help it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7hcoyE-Bow
Old 04-07-2008, 08:36 PM

I love it, that's hilarious.

Anything I should interpret subtly?

Absolutely nothing to forgive. lol
Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Hi Paladin,

Thanks for the insight; I'd not seen RP's views on dope and prostitution.

Anyway, I'm still aiming to come over for a cup of tea!

Yours in Him,

Rob (W.I.E.Y)
Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 PM

All the candidates are for Amnesty. Obama sitting under Wrights rehtoric for 20 years,Clinton?don't know what she is.
I was shock to see John Hagee backing McCain. Maybe he is Pro-Israel? who knows.

Last edited by Jeremy; 05-11-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:23 AM
tkg

As far as the election goes Obama will be the democratic nominee. The last numbers I saw, which was about 5 days ago, said that Clinton needed 72% of the rest of the votes and with what states are left, and thats not going to happen.

As far as McCain goes, well, I am more concerned with who his vice president would be with McCains age. But as for McCain himself, he is a very liberal person. First, regarding religion, McCain is no lover of Christians. Recall his comments about key religious leaders in 2000, calling them "agents of intolerance." And McCain's vitriolic vilification of Christians was not limited to a single occurrence, for he later said, "I must not and will not retract anything that I said in that speech at Virginia Beach. It was carefully crafted, it was carefully thought out." (Hardball, 3/1/00). Second, on the issue of gay marriage, in 2005 McCain opposed a federal gay-marriage ban (Los Angeles Times, 1/25/ and 3/8). Now, however, likely realizing that most Americans think otherwise, McCain says he supports a gay-marriage ban (Meet the Press, 4/2/06). Which is it?

McCains list of leftist liberalism goes on, but hes doing the thing all politicians do, lying. As long as he can convince you hes the more conservative out of the two, you will probably vote for him. Personally from all the research Ive done Obama seems more conservative then McCain.

Scary as far as Im concerned, makes me want to move to Canada....
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM

I heard that Mike Huckabee may run for VP under Mccain.
Obama wants to use diplomacy to solve the problem with Iran wanting to eliminate Israel, Good Luck! Obama=Jimmy Carter

Mccain is the first Liberal Republican that i can remember. I don't see any of the candidates getting us out of the many Crisis that we are in.
Does any Christian out there see the correlation between the signs of the times and the many disasters,wars etc.. that is occuring?