Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 AM
timothy

Default Presidential election

I take a small passing interest in the presidential race. This election season just leave me not being so sure just who to vote for. I'm thinking maybe there's someone here who take more of an interest or pay more attention to what's going on more than I do. The obvious ones I cannot see myself votin for are Obama and Clinton of course... At thetme McCain seems to be in the front as far as Republican ticket goes. Does anyone know his stance as far as Isreal goes?

Please share what you know about any candidate whether they be democrat or republican or independents or one of the other third parties that are out there so that I can be more informed when November comes. I don't care if they talk smooth or look good, give me the issues...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
always in the battle

Unfortunately, until Jesus Christ is on the ballot, we are forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. We must keep Clinton out, she is evil, it's that simple. So we may be forced with Mccain or Obama. Research the best of those two, find out who is the most Godly, and cast your vote. It's that simple. However, prayer is powerful, start praying NOW for the best and most Godly candidate to lead our country,,,,according to God's will.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
timothy

It's pretty obvious that unless Jesus Christ is on the ballot, we'd have to vote for the lesser of two evils. (He won't even be on the ballot, He'd just take over!)

In any case, I can't even cast a vote for Obama, even over Hillary, with a clear conscience. If it comes down to between those two, I'd write in Goofy. It's a shame that Mitt Romney is out, because I just started thinking that I could vote for him. I'd hate to say it but it does looks like it would be McCain for me, if Ron paul doesn't pick up some. Ron Paul I agree with the most on the views, Huckabee is kind of iffy for me...

Last edited by timothy; 02-08-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: misspelling...
Old 02-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Graceismine

Of course I don't vote in it even though the outcome affects the world, and my country too.

Could Obama be a Muslim sleeper? From the news we are getting it is difficult to know who is running Mr or Mrs C and you've already had him.

Grace, ...
Old 02-09-2008, 06:27 AM
bluefishbeagle

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

He sets up Presidents and rulers in this day and time also. His purpose will be done and he will set up who he chooses.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

King Cyrus thought he was doing his own will when he ordered the temple to be rebuilt but the scriptures prove that he was doing God's will.

Isa 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

1 ¶ Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

God only has free will to do and say what will happen in this present time and he takes councel from no man. This world will stand only as long as he wills it.

There is great comfort in that to all who believe the truth.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 AM
revscott

For me a vote for Clinton or Obama is a vote against God Almighty, because they both are for same sex marriage and abortion. Christians must vote for God at all times.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:23 PM
IM4given

I do not believe there is such as thing as voting for the "lesser of two evils" - Clinton, Obama, and McCain are all evil and equally sinful in the eyes of God. There is only one true decent honorable Christian man with immpecable character and moral fortitude running in this race and the media all but ignore him and the evangelicals have spurned him. If he does not recieve the nomination, it will be because God has put His judgement on our our country and sealed our fates!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
always in the battle

Your right, the world wants obama or clinton. McCain is on the narrow road that the world does not see. Our country is forgetting we are at war, and that there is no hope for the world without Christ. It boils my blood to hear someone say they will vote for those two. Even so.....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
always in the battle

After further study, it's McCain all the way. I will reply again with my reasons why.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 AM
DarlovesJesus

For those that want to vote for Obama (I hope I'm allowed to copy and paste something on this site) need to read this:

Barack Obama's Very Controversial Pastor & Spiritual Advisor
http://www.raidersnewsnetwork.com/full.php?news=12573

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barack Obama’s friend and pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, said in a 2003 church publication, "In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11. White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared,' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns."

But Barack Obama says he is "proud" of Rev. Wright and values their 20-year-long friendship, even if they “don’t agree on everything.”

Wright, who performed Obama's marriage and baptized his daughters, is also his close spiritual advisor. Barack's 2004 keynote speech to the Democratic National Convention was based on a sermon by Wright called "Audacity to Hope," which also inspired Barack's book, "The Audacity of Hope."

In the November-December 2007 issue of Trumpet, their church’s publication, Rev. Wright praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has described whites as "blue-eyed devils" and Jews as "bloodsuckers." In the magazine Wright wrote, "He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest...and will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African-American religious experience. His integrity and honesty have secured him a place in history as one of the nation's most powerful critics…and a religious leader who is sincere about his faith and his purpose."

Farrakhan's photo is on the cover of that church magazine, accompanied with the headline: "The Minister truly epitomized greatness." Wright also presented Farrakhan with a "lifetime achievement" award during a church gala in Chicago, "For his commitment to truth, education and leadership."

Recently Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan, but not from his pastor or his praise for Farrakhan. Why not?

For the record, it was Farrakhan who said:

* "They call (Hezbollah) terrorists, I call them freedom fighters. No one asks why they would do such a thing. Why would they do such a thing? What has driven them to this point? That's what the UN, the U.S. and Europe doesn't want to deal with because the Zionists have control in England, in Europe, in the United States and around the world."

* "The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years."

* "Hitler was a very great man. He wasn't great for me as a Black man but he was a great German and he rose Germany up from the ashes of her defeat by the united force of all of Europe and America after the first World War."

* "Now, that nation of Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under His holy and righteous name."

* "Do you know some of these satanic Jews have taken over BET?... Everything that we built, they have. The mind of Satan now is running the record industry, movie industry and television. And they make us look like we’re the murderers; we look like we’re the gangsters, but we’re punk stuff.”

* "This Koran says that the Jews have altered the word of God out of its place. They did not want the masters of the people to know what Jesus really said, what Moses really said, because then you wouldn't have a yardstick to measure their deviations."

* "The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes."

Farrakhan also claims to have received revelations directly from God, and conferred with the dead Elijah Muhammed while "on a wheel that you call a UFO," about secret meetings of Ronald Reagan with his cabinet.

Farrakhan's views are not only anti-Semitic and racist, but his efforts have not been to integrate Black America into mainstream America, have not been to unite -- something Barack Obama claims he will do as President of the United States.

Clearly, such views are dangerous to be affiliated with on any level if you’re a candidate running for the President of the United States -- the President of all the people of the United States.

Do you think Hillary will use this information against Barack? Absolutely, if she thinks she needs to, and that it will help her win.

Interestingly, Obama took back his invitation for his pastor to pray at the launch of his campaign, apparently fearing controversy from Wright's Afrocentric teachings, and many are wondering if he wins the presidency, will he ask his close spiritual advisor, Rev. Wright, to pray at his inauguration?

While emails questioning Obama's Muslim roots flood the world-wide-web, and he answers those by pointing out that he is a member of Trinity United Church of Christ, an Afrocentric church that preaches what the New York Times calls Black liberation theology, a good question to ask is why does he continue to affiliate with a church, a pastor, that honors Louis Farrakhan, a man who called Judaism "a gutter religion," the Pope an "Antichrist" and Adolf Hitler "a wickedly great man," and said that "White people are potential humans - they haven't evolved yet"?