Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Default In the vein of UFO's - another crazy study...

Right.. so Genesis 1:1 - HEAVEN and EARTH. SINGULAR BOTH

Later on, we have Heavens and Earth - Heavens have been split up - the darkness hides us from God, the great deep etc surrounding the universe seperating the second and third heavens.

In Eternity, the Heavens flee away, and then a new HEAVEN (singular).

Now, I was thinking about this, since, since it is a return to the original original creation, perfect, there will be no need for the seperation of the heavens. There will be only one. Some kind of "Unisphere" - a universe with atmosphere, traversible easily by anyone. I mean, considering the fact that the New Jerusalem is about 1200 miles high, if it were to land on the earth, the top of it would be in outer space quite a way up... - also, if it is orbiting, how does one get from there to earth and back - I would assume that we are not going to need to wear space suits in eternity.

So, interesting to think about. Really, eternity for me will be being with Jesus, and giving God glory. But it's interesting to think about God's purpose in eternity.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 PM

Hey Brother Luke, I need to get in touch with you ASAP.

Good thoughts, btw.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 AM

Angels don't need space suits and neither will we when we live there.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I would assume that we are not going to need to wear space suits in eternity.

Romans 8:29 (KJV)
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Study Christ's post resurrection body and you'll know how we can go. In John 20 Christ appeared in a room with the doors closed.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:33 PM

I believe 12,000 furlongs is only 1,500 miles high. Only!! So we will definitely NOT need space suits.

Last edited by greenbear; 07-08-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 AM

our current atmosphere is only 200 miles high after that you're in the 2nd heaven. so that would make the new Jerusalem extend 1300 miles above our current atmosphere.

Would any Dr's of astrophysics (unsaved preferably) like to speculate what a large body attached to the Earth might do to the orbital path of the planet? or how it might affect the entire Solar system.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 AM

The New Jerusalem will extend into the "hot" part of the van Allen belt. The belt won't be there in the new heaven, of course, but even if it were we will be able to travel past it for the first time ever.

Quote:
Would any Dr's of astrophysics (unsaved preferably) like to speculate what a large body attached to the Earth might do to the orbital path of the planet? or how it might affect the entire Solar system.
I believe they would say it would wobble it's way into the sun and burn up. But they would use longer, more impressive words.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 AM

I never intended the space suit thing to be serious :P

But I was wondering about a universe with atmosphere...
Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 AM

it is hard to say in a perfect heaven it may not be like it is in this world. we don't really know what it is like in God's Abode. it may be air we breath and it may be we don't need to breath except to speak. but the whole heaven and Earth will have an environment that supports the life of God and we will be in that perfected life.