Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Default Is The Bible Just Poetry?

Based on Proverbs 4:1-8, 18-24 is the Bible just poetry? Some believe it is. Listen to the following message from Search the Scriptures Daily by Dave Hunt and T. A. McMahon for some insight into the truth of what God's Word is and why it was given to man.

Is The Bible Just Poetry?

Proverbs 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
Proverbs 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
Proverbs 4:3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
Proverbs 4:4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
Proverbs 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Proverbs 4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Proverbs 4:8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
Proverbs 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Proverbs 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
Proverbs 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Funny how the Bible, a book that was written on 3 continents by men of vast differenes in rank and occupation and was written over a 1,000+ year time period, has no contradictions, has prophecy fulfilled and yet to be fulfilled, and accurately documents history, and also has knowledge of certain scientific facts that weren't discovered till millenia later!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:33 PM

I would encourage everyone to listen to the message first, then to comment. The message has a lot of great insights.