Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 AM

Default Blotting out of the Book

I was raised in a Bible Believing home. My dad never once in all the time I was around him ever used anything but a King James Bible (Old Scofield). Dad was raised a Mennonite and was very strong in his beliefs. We attended a Baptist church because it was closer to home. Dad also attended there until later in life, he and mom went to a Church of God (Andersonville Indiana flavored).

When I was called to preach, he always supported me though we did have some lively discussions about some things. The one we discussed the most was Eternal Security. Dad believed you could lose it, I didn't then and I still don't to this day.

I gave the above just for background of where dad was coming from. I was never able to give him a solid answer about the following verses:

Ex. 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Rev. 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I am asking this out of curiosity as well as seeking more understanding myself.

I believe we are sealed in our salvation and we can not lose it, I just never could explain these verses to dad.