General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
timothy

Default Any DVD suggestions?

In the Side by Side thread that turned into a discussion about tv, someone had mentioned that they just use it for watching DVDs and such, that are clean and devoted to learning about The Word of God... As a relatively new Christian I'm wondering if there are any suggestions as to what I could get that are good for my family to watch and have no cursing or blasphemy or any of that other junk...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Brother Mike

My family has enjoyed the films by Sherwood Pictures.

Currently there are two. Facing the Giants and Flywheel.

These movies were produced by a Baptist church (not IFB) and they do not reference the KJV. They do not depict any salvation message per-se, but...

No nudity
No cursing
No alcohol
No smoking
Nothing you would not want your children to see or hear.

Both have good story lines about a man either getting his priorities straight and turning his life back toward God, or a man being reproofed and turning his life to God. Good messaages in both.

I am not one to want to use movies as a community outreach. So I would not use these for that purpose. I may want to use them internally with our yourth group, but I will need to screen with my pastor first.

I hope this helps ya out.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
IM4given

My children enjoy "Jurrasic Ark" which is about the Biblical explanation regarding dinosaurs - very well put together! I ordered them from the Creation Museum's online store.

I also have The Monstrous Regiment of Women - but this is for adults only and deals with the issues of feminists' movement and abortion.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 PM

Anyone ever see "Time Changer"?

http://www.christiananswers.net/spot...mechanger.html
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
DarlovesJesus

Greetings Timothy;

WWW.ChristianMovies.com (Christiano Film Group) is a great site to purchase good clean Christian dvd's. I will say though that some of their dvd's are older movies, but they are good and clean. Check them out. They have some good sales at times too!

God bless,DarlovesJesus

Last edited by DarlovesJesus; 02-13-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
IM4given

Here is the museum store that has lots of DVDs and movies that are Christian based...http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
sting of truth

well, depending on your kids age, like if they are young young, i would reccomend appalachian trial, its about a couple families going camping and how one of the families lost the mother months earlier, it's a really decent story. i enjoyed it.

if you got teenagers who can stand a lil bit of reality, then i would recommend the cross and the switchblade. it's the true story of david wilkerson and when he went and started ministering in the ghettos of nyc

i just watched step over the edge, and it was a really good movie. the movie about william tyndale is excellent, but if you got younger kids, there isa cartoon version of the movie available they may like more, and it really teaches just how important the bible is.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 AM
timothy

I have seen Time Changer, that was excellent. I especially liked the part where the guy went with the church group to the movies and he ended up going into the balcony all frantic saying, "Stop the movie! They have used the name of the Lord in vain!" (Same time though, gets me to thinking about wha we take for granted in what we watch....)

Thanks for the suggestions and the links... I will certainly be checking some of them out...
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
sting of truth

speaking of time changer, remember that part in the church where that one guy is acting like a stalker, and is all about carlisle's bible. "the pages are so thin, but are difficult to tear. " i liked that part, that guy was creepy. the look on carlisle's face was worth watching the whole movie. i was just watching it yesterday
Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

I particularly like "Messages from heaven" which describes itself as 'A biblical examination of the apparitions of the virgin Mary in the end times'. A well-produced DVD that is interesting, chilling, and yet encouraging.

it gives a clear and concise presentation of the Gospel of Grace, and contrasts the words of these apparitions with Gods Word.

An excellent piece of apologetics