Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
George, what I get out of your words is that it's alright to criticize those who don't agree with you, such as Jerry and Brother Tim. However it is not alright to criticize those that you are a big fan of, such as Dr. Ruckman.

Is a man's character determined soley on what their views are and not how they conduct themselves?

Do you not see a double standard here?
Did you read my words? "what I get out of your words". It's not "what you "get out of my words" - It's - what did I say? I never once said (or intimated) "that it's alright to criticize those who don't agree with you" No, not once! Please don't put words in my mouth.

I am saying let's stop criticizing brother Ruckman period! Have you seen me criticize brother Cloud or any other famous "Christian personality"? Why keep "beating up" on brother Ruckman if you have never met the man; or heard him preach or teach; or listened to his preaching & teaching tapes; or only read a couple of books by him? Hmmm?

There are other "fish to fry" out there. "Is a man's character determined soley on what their views are and not how they conduct themselves?" Good question! And i will answer it thusly: Is a man's character determined soley on what he says (or is reported to have said), or on his fruit? Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. We are not to judge by words, but by fruit - Is their anyone here that knows brother Ruckman well enough to be a "fruit inspector", if not then, let's drop the sniping of him - that's all.
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Check my posts out - you haven't seen me laud brother Ruckman; or "recommend him or his books or his tapes to anyone. I haven't "linked" to his site in all of my posts. I don't recommend any "Commentators" or "Commentaries" when it comes to Bible study.

I would be holding a double standard if I justified any wrongdoing that brother Ruckman does or has done. I never have and I never will!

Why do people judge other people when they know little or nothing about them?
John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Why judge at all, if you don't have to?