Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Pray for My Church

The Lord lead me to the church where I am currently at about 4 months ago. He lead me there for a reason. It's a small church (maybe 20 faithful members), but the preacher there is truly a man of God. I was called in to the ministry while at this church, and this pastor has really helped me. He keeps me leaning on Jesus and wouldn't really help me any other way (that's the best help I ever needed, not to lean on man and lean on HIM). Anyway, I everyone kept sayin how they were ready to grow and nothing was being done. Well, I even noticed the pastor seemed afraid of growth/change (which I guess we all are in a way), but it is God's will for the pews to be full. Right? Anyway, he asked me if I'd hold service this past Wed. night and the Lord laid a message on my heart (Full House). I was watching a church sitting around complaining how they were wanting to see people get saved and the church to grow but nothing was being done about it. I hated to preach the message because it was a VERY HARD message (basically tellin everybody to get off the seat of do nothin and let's go out as a church and try to "compel sinners"). An amen that night would have been worth $100 a piece, lol. Anyway, the congregation took it and seemed to agree. I mean we don't even support missionaries at that church, we don't support any body for that matter. I touched on going door to door, supporting missionaries, starting a men's bible study/prayer meeting, etc. The congregation supported it and the pastor even seemed to support it and later told me that message was from him. He referred to himself (in this "episode/message") as Eli. He said the Lord sent that message to him. Anyway, we've now got the ball rolling on going door to door, the men's prayer night/bible study, and are even going to start supporting missionaries. Anyway, I could still tell my pastor was upset about something. He preached this morning, while I wasn't there, on how new preachers should crawl, then walk, then run and some people try to do the opposite. I just got back from tonight's service and he was constantly taking blows at me from the sacred desk of God, even saying my sermonettes weren't gonna cut it anymore that they needed to last longer than 30 min, durin his message in front of the whole congregation. This was only my 3rd message I've ever preached. Anyway, can someone please tell me, is there I time limit on a message from God? If God gave me a message that lasted 10 min, that's all I would take or 2 hours if that was the message. I just fail to understand that. Also, he made the comment of new converts and new preachers crawling before they walk or run. I disagree with that, and please comment, I mean yes you do need to crawl in a sense of your ministry. God does say "not a novice" and talks about "waiting on your ministry" but I don't feel anybody should sit around on there hands. Do you. There's a lot more to this, but anyway, please pray for me and my church and pastor. It's really discouraged me. I can really see how new convert's fire burns out, it's not b/c they try to run first, it's b/c everybody's tellin them to just sit back and calm down. I say keep it going, stay on fire, you may not know a lot about the Word, but keep that burning desire to share with people what God did for you and don't lose your "fire" for God! Amen!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 PM

First, if as you say "he is truly the man of God" then submit yourself to your Pastor, ask him the same questions you asked us, listen attentively, and do not react to his answers but prayerfully and humbly reflect on his answers. It is really none of our business. You are gossiping and giving a bad report on your church and pastor.

Second, if you ever get the opportunity to preach again, then simply preach the word of God and then be a doer of the word. You cannot be the Holy Spirit for the other members.

Third, pray.
Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Finally, follow.
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Follow Jesus Christ and grow in Him!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Wow, that's not what I meant by that, and I'm sorry you took it that way. I shouldn't have been so specific as to the problem. Forgive me, just frustrated. I didn't intend for that to come across the way it did. However, I do appreciate your honesty! In no way did I mean to "gossip" about my church (who's name I didn't mention) nor gossip about my pastor (also who's name I did not mention). I should have just requested the prayer and left the specifics out. The intent of the message was to help "rally" the congregation and to help the pastor who already has a "full plate."
Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
But in your final though, you said "follow." Well, are you saying I should "follow" a parked car? The intent of the message was to help "rally" the congregation and to help the pastor who already has a "full plate."
No. I am saying you should follow the living Saviour and He will make you a fisher of men. He will also build HIS church.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Print the public comments you posted and let your Pastor read them to the congregation if it's not gossip or a bad report.

I will pray for you and your church. I exhort you to simply keep preaching and following Jesus.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 AM

Dear Bro. Clint, I also encourage you to work this out with your pastor. Tell him what is on your heart, be open and honest, if he is the true man of God you say he is then you should be able to approach him and discuss it, pray together, and go forward for the Lord.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Default Prayer

Sorry Forrest I jumped to conclusions. I see now where you were saying to follow Jesus. I apologize. Anyway, thanks for the prayer. I guess I just got in the flesh and wanted to vent. I in now way, intended to gossip. I appreciate your honesty and prayers! Also, thank you Kiwi for your reply as well. God Bless you both and I appreciate your prayers.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
Sorry Forrest I jumped to conclusions. I see now where you were saying to follow Jesus. I apologize. Anyway, thanks for the prayer. I guess I just got in the flesh and wanted to vent. I in now way, intended to gossip. I appreciate your honesty and prayers! Also, thank you Kiwi for your reply as well. God Bless you both and I appreciate your prayers.
I appreciate your honesty. And we're all guilty of walking in the flesh and not the spirit. As a pastor who tried to motivate, orchestrate and plan the pew full...the Lord finally revealed to me that our call as believers is to simply preach the word and be "leaky" seed baskets. Sowing the good seed wherever we go.

This particular subject was fresh on my mind because I had just written briefly about it on my web page. Anyway, your pastor has no greater joy than for you and the members to simply walk in truth. We should lead by example and allow the Holy Spirit to conform us into the image of the Saviour.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:30 PM

You have my prayers unto the Lord.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Default Thanks

Well put Bro Forrest. Thank you again for your encouraging words and prayer. I guess I just get frustrated sometimes with the way "Christians" and "Preachers" treat each other. I know my God will handle this situation as he has before, but sometimes I try to fix problems myself. It's hard to wait on the Lord and his plan. I know he put me there for a reason, but it's hard to be a member of a church that has not motivation to reach lost people and share the gospel. You are right though, I should just lead by example, keep praying, and wait on the Lord to show me! He hasn't failed me yet.

Thank you too illusionznc for your prayers.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Your most welcome anytime brother.