Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Forum Administrator

I've read it. Bro. Ruckman's work on this topic is important, but I would strongly recommend either The Bible Believer's Guide to Dispensationalism by Walker or One Book Rightly Divided by Stauffer. They are far more accessible than Bro. Ruckman's books, in my opinion.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-08-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Thank you all. This is all good stuff. I've been thinking about sending him a copy of brother Peter Ruckman's book, "The Sure Word of Prophecy" (otherwise called The Kingdom of God versus the Kingdom of Heaven). Do anyone of you know of this book? Would it be a good one to send to my Mennonite brother?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Docs books are great, but for someone like that I think they contain too much extra stuff that really diminishes their usefulness to a non Bible Believer. I totally love his books, so don't think I'm putting them down; he just chases way too many rabbit trails and has a hard time conveying a coherent train of thought to anyone other than a hard-core "Ruckmanite." Unfortunately I don't have any alternatives to offer, other than perhaps Stauffer's "One Book Rightly Divided." That really helped me clear up the Dispensational issue in a single reading, and it's designed for people new to the concept. Perhaps after he read that book he would be more prepared for Doc's materials.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Docs books are great, but for someone like that I think they contain too much extra stuff that really diminishes their usefulness to a non Bible Believer. I totally love his books, so don't think I'm putting them down; he just chases way too many rabbit trails and has a hard time conveying a coherent train of thought to anyone other than a hard-core "Ruckmanite." Unfortunately I don't have any alternatives to offer, other than perhaps Stauffer's "One Book Rightly Divided." That really helped me clear up the Dispensational issue in a single reading, and it's designed for people new to the concept. Perhaps after he read that book he would be more prepared for Doc's materials.
Yeah I think I'll send my friend a copy of One Book Rightly Divided. Concerning Ruckman, I personally love his rabbit trails. I learn more in a single page of Ruckman's books than I learned in all the liberal Max Lucado style books I read in my years as a presbyterian. But you're right, it may be hard for some folks to get what they need to out of the book when Ruckman pulls off on a rabbit trail.

Peace and Love,
Stephen