Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Thumbs down Gods name in the Pulpit

When Reverend Wright had used GD in the Pulpit several times, and that it was exploited in the news media,it just burned me to the core.
More recently, i heard another local preacher stand up there and had said OMG in a way that sounded like the world. The other day in a Joke John Haggee had said OMG, maybe someone here recalls that. Is this being accepted now in the churchs? I don't care if Preachers say OMG in the pulpit in a so called joking manner,to me it is still disrespecting Gods name. I hope this is not another acceptable way of preaching.

First it was the KJB being taken out and replaced, than preaching to appease the people and becoming soft,than not mentioning Hell,Sin and even leaving out Salvation and or different ways to make it to heaven and 4 ways of the Rapture, Now this! Wright and Pfleger are not even to be called Reverend! Maybe some of you have heard and seen what kind of garbage they use to pollute peoples minds.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
joshjefflawn

It is something that we are hearing all these so called preachers using God's name in vain in the pulpit. I was unaware that Hagge had used Gods name in vain. I know this though, we need to pray for brother Hagge.
I believe that Hagge is a brother in the Lord, I also agree with his sermons most of the time and I believe hes an ally. It seems though that the enemy is really trying to destroy Haggee, just like he has done with Billy Grahm. Even Jack Van Impe was a great preacher untill he went soft twords Rome. First hagge compramises and appolagizes for preaching the truth againsed Rome; Luther, Tyndalle, or even Huss never apologised about speaking harshley againsed Rome.
As far as not-so-reverend Wright, Jesse Jackson, Al sharpton are just out there tooting there own horn. If there saved, then as a preacher once said, "there they are". Atleased with Jackson, and wright and all these God blasphaming preachers who dare use God's holy name in vain you know what your getting from them. Just some bozos who have been ordained by the state mascarating as preachers of the the Bible. But God knows there hearts, "God Is not mocked" "God is no respecter of persons".
The preachers you have to watch out for though are guys like Joel Olsteen. I know that ol' Joel doesn't say anything that is offensive, or divisive, in fact it is what he doesn't say that is alarming. Olsteen refuses to use words like sinner (you can't lead some one to the Lord he they do not know they are sinners). When he was a Lary King Live, he would not say that Lord Jesus Christ is "thee way, thee truth and thee life" only thee way."
I just saw him on 60 seconds and he was asked about some of his faulty doctrine. The ol' boy started crying. Now I not God and so then I can't judge the mans heart, but the it didn't seem genuine from were I was sitting, maybe Im wrong, but just remember this.
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. II Cor 11:13-15
Theres that number 13 poping up again, not bad for a guy who did the chapter and verse numbering on the back of a horse
Old 06-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Luther wanted to return to Rome. His only real issue with them was over some of their practices regarding relics, indulgences etc. Luther was a baptismal regenerator, a waterdog.

EDIT: Actually, to contribute, what does it mean when preachers say "Bless God"?

Last edited by Luke; 06-12-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 AM

joshjefflawn, i fully agree with you,I believe Hagee does have a solid doctrine,what i have noticed was the fact he is selling cd's dvd's on healing,it put up a big question mark.
Many years i have listened to Jack Van Impe,Hal Lindsey,and Charles Stanley.
I am not sure what you mean by Jack going soft towards Rome,maybe refering to his acceptance towards the Catholic Church and saying they believe the same as we. I have to question that.
When i look at people like Joel Osteen and Rick Warren,(The Purpose Driven Life uses 15 different Versions most i have never heard of) I do not see preachers,but inspirational speakers,nothing else,this is why people follow them,it is easy and feels good. If you take some of my psychology books and add the words God and the Bible you come up with the same things as these Speakers.
In recent years the words healing,anointing,speaking in tongues and prophesying are becoming more familiar with people. I do not believe any of it.
God doesn't give or need to give power to these fake healers and doesn't reveal past present or future in mans dreams today. That is why we have the Bible,but, it is even being Skewed.
Most of this false teaching is a way to manipulate people out of money and or give them a sense of false security among other things.
Jesse jackson has been on documentaries and i have heard him using profanity,Sharpton,Oral Roberts,Pat robertson and others more political than preacher,they belong to those who have the thickest wallets.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
joshjefflawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Luther wanted to return to Rome. His only real issue with them was over some of their practices regarding relics, indulgences etc. Luther was a baptismal regenerator, a waterdog.

EDIT: Actually, to contribute, what does it mean when preachers say "Bless God"?
True, but once Luther realized that the corruption went all the way up to the Pope, he realized it was usless. Once he came to this conclusion he did not recant.
As far as baptismalregeneration, I am willing to not only forgive brother Martin for that, but also over look. You have to understand wear he came from. Before he was saved, and before he started studying the scriptures, he was stuck in the dark dungeons of Rome. He never studied the Scriptures untill he went to Wittenburg, so there for all he had was what Rome taught him.
Yes Luther had some questionable doctrine, but look at were he came from. But I can say this for brother Martin, He new that Salvation was by Grace, he had a quote that went some thing like this "only Scripture, only Christ and only Grace. Brother Martin may have had some usless doctrine but he was a great man of God, who gave Germany the bible which was used to help the translators of the AV.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:19 PM

I used to watch John Haggee alot and now after years of observing him this I can say, Beware of John Haggee. though he has a lot of truth he also has alot of error and you must be discering to see it. in my oppinion he plays both sides of the fence of conservative and liberal and he does so only for the money.

Paul said these types only care about their bellys (during the 15 years that I watched him his waistline grew 8 inches), and only care for what you have (he has become filthy rich in this world) not your souls.

that is just one mans opinion.