Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 AM

http://www.deceivedonpurpose.com/
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Remember folks, it's a fictional story. Enjoy it for what it is, a fictional story period.

It is not some great doctrinal exposition by some evangelist, that we all have to start ripping apart because it doesn't align with your particular theology.

We'd have to have Brandon open a Fictional Doctrine forum.
I understand what you are saying...but my PERSONAL OPINION is that a cartoon, fictional book, comedy, song, TV program, poem, make believe story, or conversation that corrupts the Holy Scriptures, especially the Godhead, stirs my inner man and causes me to flee! And I advise others to avoid it also. But you have a right to your own opinion, brother Gord.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
More commentary on The Shack:

http://www.thebereancall.org/node/6994

So, they are demeaning God, they are presenting a false picture of God. An author who writes that, he ought to tremble. He is going to stand before this God that he misrepresented, stand before Him in judgment, and the people who loves it, they will stand before God in judgment as well.

Tim Challie has written an excellent review of the Shack here:

http://www.challies.com/archives/boo...ws/a-review-of...
Sister, thank you for bringing this book to our attention and just another example of caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. We have discernment here in this forum, most the Christian world don't.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
You want a fictional doctrine forum? Perhaps you should go somewhere else to get it. Some of us here come here to search for the truth, not fairy tales! One thing is to exposed these unfruitful work of darkness, but another is to support them!

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:11).
Some folks just have trouble with plain old English.

I don't see any doctrinal discussion anywhere in these forums on Samuel Langhorne Clemens books, and they are fiction, so why the Shack?

If you want doctrine, it's in the Bible, there is plenty there to discuss, you will find no doctine of any use, or truth, as you seem to be looking for, in some man's fantasy, that has been compiled into a fictional story. If you don't like fiction, don't read it. But don't try to interject your own personal doctrinal ideas from fiction. A double negative is a pretty basic English no, no.

Get all you want, ... then get back to reality. Getting angry over fiction is such a waste of energy and personal time.

Last edited by Gord; 06-02-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM

When a book is promoted by certain Christians as being akin to "The Pilgrim's Progress", then one needs to listen and rebuke, not because Pilgrim's Progress is such a great book apparently, but because it is being promoted as an allegory to the Christian life, or the Godhead or something...

In Pilgrim's Progress, God is clearly represented, the cross is there and the gospel itself is not changed.

From what I hear about the "Shack", God is a woman...

That's enough.

Even Narnia books don't go that far...
Old 06-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
To read the entire article:
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com

Thank you for posting a link to the very valuable article!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
When a book is promoted by certain Christians as being akin to "The Pilgrim's Progress", then one needs to listen and rebuke, not because Pilgrim's Progress is such a great book apparently, but because it is being promoted as an allegory to the Christian life, or the Godhead or something...

In Pilgrim's Progress, God is clearly represented, the cross is there and the gospel itself is not changed.

From what I hear about the "Shack", God is a woman...

That's enough.

Even Narnia books don't go that far...
Oh, it's quite blasphemous! A black woman, a carpenter, and the rest of the Holy Trinity is represented by an Asian woman!!
It's horrible!
How far will the Christians allow themselves to be taken to the pits of hell?

I've read some of it, and it's very tricky, you must be discerning, and aware of your bible, to pick up on some of his slick deceptions.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Sister, thank you for bringing this book to our attention and just another example of caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. We have discernment here in this forum, most the Christian world don't.

Grace and peace

Tony
Tell others! Spread the word about this pernicious book.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Wow! What a great website! I need to check it out.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

It is there that Mack meets all three persons of the Godhead and one of God’s angels. God the Father appears as a black woman; Jesus as a Hebrew man; God the Holy Spirit comes to him as Sarayu, an Asian woman. The angel is also a woman.
“The Shack” is the latest attempt by an author to make God popular with the Church today, a Church that has in large measure left the authority of God’s word. To make God acceptable by man’s means when God’s powerful words have not done so seems the height of arrogance or at best blindness.
How far the churches have sunk, into depravity. Political correctness has eviscerated the bible, at least, in the minds of some.
Please tell others about this evil book, as I'm sure you will. I'm so glad, and uplifted, to see so many who have truthful comments about this work of the devil. Utterly blasphemous. It will burn in hell.