Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 AM

Default What about Judaism?

I have been Saved for the Last 26 years and have always believed that if God say's it,I believe it and that settles it.
My questions are:
1. I believe Jews didn't kill Jesus,eventhough a lot of religions say they are Christ killers. Where can I find Verses in my KJ Bible?

2.Some Jews think that if they are born a Jew they are entitled to be in Heaven without accepting Jesus and his Shed blood for our Sins.

This is an excerpt from a Car Tech Forum:
The Thread was titledThe Serpant has many heads it was about Oprahs New Age Movement.
Below:
__________________________________________________ _______________
(I was born a Jew. I had my Bar-Mitzvah. I followed the faith for many years. And as Jews always say, "once a Jew, always a Jew". I won't tell you how to follow your religion. Within Christianity, you must believe in Jesus as the son of god. You must ask for god to allow you into heaven whereas we believe we are the chosen people. So technically, no matter what I do, no matter what I say as a resident of this planet....according to the Jewish faith.....I am automatically going to heaven. Get it?)

So there you go. Prove me wrong. Now stand there and tell me I am wrong about my history, my ancestry, the bible (Torah) I once believed in. The bible that IS the essence and foundations of your religion.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Have Fun with this one!

Romans Chptr 1 and 2 deals with this. Can anyone explain? and what other verses are there.

By the way! did anyone check out "eXpelled" movie by Ben stein?

3.Can someone tell me what Judaism is and how it relates to us as christians?
I think Judaism only takes the first 5 books of Moses, OT (Torah) or Tanakh?, and may have other books to go along with it.

I am new so please bare with me.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 PM
jerry

Quote:
1. I believe Jews didn't kill Jesus, eventhough a lot of religions say they are Christ killers. Where can I find Verses in my KJ Bible?
The Jews were the nation responsible for betraying Christ; the Romans were responsible for crucifying Christ - but ALL of mankind is responsible for Jesus' death, because He died for our sins.

The best places to learn what happened is the last few chapters of each of the four Gospels.

Quote:
2.Some Jews think that if they are born a Jew they are entitled to be in Heaven without accepting Jesus and his Shed blood for our Sins.
That wasn't the case in Old Testament times - why would it be true today? Even the OT saint was saved by believing in the Messiah that was to come and die for their sins. They showed their faith in this coming Messiah by offering the required sacrifices, offering them God's way, through God's priesthood, and in God's place (the temple). They can fulfill none of these today - therefore Judaism is a religion that cannot save anyone.

OT Judaism is fulfilled in NT Christianity - Jesus is that fulfillment. He fulfilled what the OT pictured and looked forward to. Rejecting the NT and Biblical Christianity is going backwards, not forwards.

Quote:
3.Can someone tell me what Judaism is and how it relates to us as christians?
I think Judaism only takes the first 5 books of Moses, OT (Torah) or Tanakh?, and may have other books to go along with it.
Judaism is based on the whole OT - though there is much that they overlook or explain away or make symbolic rather than literal.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:56 PM

The accused :

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Acts 4:26-28
The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

On the divine side, His death was at the hand of the Father :

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

by Christ Himself :

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

through the eternal Spirit :

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?