Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
there was a Charismatic church here just a few months back they had a guest speaker from the states. Upon entering the church the members were handed small paper bags. He came to their church and said that many of the members were demon posessed. he started casting themout in Jesus names. suddenly one man puked, then the one next to him. The next thing you knew the whole church was puking most made it into the bag.

did he ever here of phycosomatic manipulation of human senses? that sort of thing happens to children in kitnergarden and elementary school.

Paul never discussed any Christians were ever possessed. all demon possessed people of Pauls ministry were unsaved. We are told though to stay away from idols (Paul equated it to Idolatry) Idol house devils.

I even saw one floating in my bedroom (that is in another post). I guess a Christian could be possessed if he lets teh devil in. But even that would be iffy cause the Holy Ghost has something to say about whose body it is.
I have had multiple encounters with devils. Never has it been an internal experience. They were always outside of me trying to intimidate me. Me and an old friend even saw a ghost (which I believe was a devil) in the basement of her house. I've even been able to sense them in idols. So in my experience I've never been lead to believe a born again Christian could host a devil within his tabernacle. Now, that being said, I cannot show Scripture along the lines of "Ye are God's tabernacle, and no devil shall make a dwelling place within you". I wish I could but I can't. But there are plenty of Scriptures that would lead a student of God's Word to make the conjecture.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM

I am a sensitve person,so if i started puking because everyone else was puking in the church would that make me possessed.
I believe that a demon cannot posses a christian,they can influence you to sin by way of suggestion, visually. A person can expose themselves by way of drinking,drugs or even when meditating like the Maharishi. When being around these people,they seem like the walking dead,that is probably the closest thing to a ghost i have seen. Pale and incoherent.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I am a sensitve person,so if i started puking because everyone else was puking in the church would that make me possessed.
I believe that a demon cannot posses a christian,they can influence you to sin by way of suggestion, visually. A person can expose themselves by way of drinking,drugs or even when meditating like the Maharishi. When being around these people,they seem like the walking dead,that is probably the closest thing to a ghost i have seen. Pale and incoherent.
Yeah, if everyone around me was puking, I'd probably do the same. I have a weak stomach.