General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 PM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Help

I went to the Flea Market today. I was taking my little boys up there to find them each a toy I had promised them. Anyway, I was noticing there wasn't much of the word of God to be found there (you're surprised I'm sure). There was one little booth with some free books/tracts but frankly the things I found inside those books could possibly do more harm than good to a lost sinner. Then, I went to some "Christian" bookstores in search of a new Bible. I couldn't even find one. Oh, there were plenty of HIV and NJKV and all sorts of other "bibles", but no King James. May God have mercy on us. I even had a hard time finding a PCE online (as another couple of threads are currently discussing). Then, the Lord just hit me with this. I want to rent a booth at the Flea Market on Saturdays and having Gospel music, King James only Bibles/merchandise, and hand out Bible tracts. There are hundreds and hundreds of people that could be reached (pray for me, please)! Anyway, I am just looking for some ideas of where to go to get the merchandise/Bibles for this. I want to be able to give away as much as possible. I have no experience in this type of thing, but the Lord will provide a way if it be his will. I'm fine on the tracts, but I would like to know of some contacts/ways to get Bibles/study books/merchandise (KJV only) cheap but good quality, so that I can get the "good news" to people with very little to no cost to them. I'm doing this out of my pocket and have a SMALL budget to work with. Any ideas/contacts. Also, could you recommend some good study books and things to have out? I really enjoyed One Book Rightly Divided by Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer, so I'm kinda looking for books along this line. I know the groups and type of music to have out, but any suggestions on where to get 'em? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #2  
Old 05-03-2009, 02:12 AM
tonybones2112's Avatar
tonybones2112 tonybones2112 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I went to the Flea Market today. I was taking my little boys up there to find them each a toy I had promised them. Anyway, I was noticing there wasn't much of the word of God to be found there (you're surprised I'm sure). There was one little booth with some free books/tracts but frankly the things I found inside those books could possibly do more harm than good to a lost sinner. Then, I went to some "Christian" bookstores in search of a new Bible. I couldn't even find one. Oh, there were plenty of HIV and NJKV and all sorts of other "bibles", but no King James. May God have mercy on us. I even had a hard time finding a PCE online (as another couple of threads are currently discussing). Then, the Lord just hit me with this. I want to rent a booth at the Flea Market on Saturdays and having Gospel music, King James only Bibles/merchandise, and hand out Bible tracts. There are hundreds and hundreds of people that could be reached (pray for me, please)! Anyway, I am just looking for some ideas of where to go to get the merchandise/Bibles for this. I want to be able to give away as much as possible. I have no experience in this type of thing, but the Lord will provide a way if it be his will. I'm fine on the tracts, but I would like to know of some contacts/ways to get Bibles/study books/merchandise (KJV only) cheap but good quality, so that I can get the "good news" to people with very little to no cost to them. I'm doing this out of my pocket and have a SMALL budget to work with. Any ideas/contacts. Also, could you recommend some good study books and things to have out? I really enjoyed One Book Rightly Divided by Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer, so I'm kinda looking for books along this line. I know the groups and type of music to have out, but any suggestions on where to get 'em? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless!!
Clint, first, Chick tracts are still at a good price, and I think fellowship tract league's tracts are free. I went down with a brother to get a few tracts, and I was telling them how much I liked Jesus Christ Our Savior and God's Last Name Is Not Damn. This guy asked me, well, how many do you think you might need? I said in jest, about 10,000 of both. We started to leave later, this guy says, wait, don't forget your tracts. He hands me this heavy box with 20,000 tracts in it, still warm from the presses. Chick has Sam Gipp's Answer Book on the KJV and a lot of good tracts. Inspect every tract and book you want to give away, if they quote any bible other than the KJV, dump it. We can't preach to the hounds and run with the MV rabbits.

This is a sure fire attention getter too: Rent a tank of helium. Get the kids gathered around, have them stuff balloons with 2 or 3 tracts. Fill them, give them back to the kids and let them release them. They go up and get caught in the jetstream and travel thousands of miles before low atmospheric pressure outside causes them to burst and rain down the tracts. What is one of my signature verses?

His words shall not return unto Him void.

Brother Clint, I'm a church-splittin' dry cleaner, but I do have my moments

Grace and peace to you.

Tony
  #3  
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 PM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Thanks

Thanks brother. Yeah, I really like their tracts. The pictures are especially helpful to the kids and all KJV (praise the Lord). I like the balloon idea! My young 'uns would probably enjoy that, too! I really hope the Lord opens the door for this. Your prayers would be appreciated! God Bless!!
  #4  
Old 05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Good News

God made a way. The guy in charge finally emailed me back and said if we promise not to sell anything, then for $10 he'll get us a good spot and provide all the tables and chairs and everything. That's exactly what I wanted anyway. So, we're gonna start next weekend. Thank the Lord for hearin and answerin my prayers. Sometimes I ask and ask and ask, then forget to thank him when he answers. Anyway, I've got tons of good Bible tracts but I don't have a single one addressing the KJV. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get a good tract on the subject of "Why the King James." Thanks again for your prayers and may God Bless you! Also, can you recommend any where to look to get some King James Bibles? I want to give them away, not sell them, so need to be kinda low on price but still descent quality.

Last edited by cb6445; 05-08-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Add a question.
  #5  
Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 AM
peopleoftheway peopleoftheway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
God made a way. The guy in charge finally emailed me back and said if we promise not to sell anything, then for $10 he'll get us a good spot and provide all the tables and chairs and everything. That's exactly what I wanted anyway. So, we're gonna start next weekend. Thank the Lord for hearin and answerin my prayers. Sometimes I ask and ask and ask, then forget to thank him when he answers. Anyway, I've got tons of good Bible tracts but I don't have a single one addressing the KJV. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get a good tract on the subject of "Why the King James." Thanks again for your prayers and may God Bless you! Also, can you recommend any where to look to get some King James Bibles? I want to give them away, not sell them, so need to be kinda low on price but still descent quality.
Praise the Lord Brother, I shall pray it all goes well and the Lord looks out for you. If I designed a tract with the help of the other Brothers on the forum regarding what to put into it, I design it they give me ideas, it would be as simple as me emailing you the artwork to be printed and stapled together. I think Bibleprotector and Brother George would be better in answering your question on the Bibles as I am in Northern Ireland.

Brother can I offer you a small piece of advice my Grandfather gave me, when we are praying for anything always thank the Lord before you end your prayer because before you have asked in your prayer the Lord had heard you and answered.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

God Bless and I thank you for your genuine Love for the Lord and his Holy word.
  #6  
Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 AM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Praise the Lord Brother, I shall pray it all goes well and the Lord looks out for you. If I designed a tract with the help of the other Brothers on the forum regarding what to put into it, I design it they give me ideas, it would be as simple as me emailing you the artwork to be printed and stapled together.

Brother can I offer you a small piece of advice my Grandfather gave me, when we are praying for anything always thank the Lord before you end your prayer because before you have asked in your prayer the Lord had heard you and answered.
That would be great brother! I would really appreciate if you could do that!

I really appreciate the advice! May God Bless you!!
  #7  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 AM
George's Avatar
George George is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I went to the Flea Market today. I was taking my little boys up there to find them each a toy I had promised them. Anyway, I was noticing there wasn't much of the word of God to be found there (you're surprised I'm sure). There was one little booth with some free books/tracts but frankly the things I found inside those books could possibly do more harm than good to a lost sinner. Then, I went to some "Christian" bookstores in search of a new Bible. I couldn't even find one. Oh, there were plenty of HIV and NJKV and all sorts of other "bibles", but no King James. May God have mercy on us. I even had a hard time finding a PCE online (as another couple of threads are currently discussing). Then, the Lord just hit me with this. I want to rent a booth at the Flea Market on Saturdays and having Gospel music, King James only Bibles/merchandise, and hand out Bible tracts. There are hundreds and hundreds of people that could be reached (pray for me, please)! Anyway, I am just looking for some ideas of where to go to get the merchandise/Bibles for this. I want to be able to give away as much as possible. I have no experience in this type of thing, but the Lord will provide a way if it be his will. I'm fine on the tracts, but I would like to know of some contacts/ways to get Bibles/study books/merchandise (KJV only) cheap but good quality, so that I can get the "good news" to people with very little to no cost to them. I'm doing this out of my pocket and have a SMALL budget to work with. Any ideas/contacts. Also, could you recommend some good study books and things to have out? I really enjoyed One Book Rightly Divided by Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer, so I'm kinda looking for books along this line. I know the groups and type of music to have out, but any suggestions on where to get 'em? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless!!

Aloha brother,

Great idea! The best place (that I know of) to get King James Bibles is: http://www.thekjvstore.com/index.php. Brandon (Diligent) knows this brother personally and he sells only King James Bibles (no mv's!) and at reasonable prices. We have purchased several cases from him, and he is reputable and dependable. I would rather support a brother in Christ that refuses to sell the modern "perversions" than buy from someone who doesn't care what he sells - as long as he makes money!

We also buy second hand King James Bibles from e-bay (look under King James Bibles or KJV BIbles), sometimes you can get a great bargain (I recently bought an 1846 Holy Bible (In very good shape) for around $50.00). We try to go to the "Used Book Stores", etc., every so often and buy up used King James Bibles (in good shape) for distribution.

I second brother Tony's suggestions on the tracs (read them ahead of time, because not even all of Chic Tracs are sound.)

May God bless your efforts in this endeavor.
  #8  
Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
CKG CKG is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
Posts: 197
Default

Here's another good tract.

http://shop.nogreaterjoy.org/product...roducts_id/142
  #9  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

Great idea! The best place (that I know of) to get King James Bibles is: http://www.thekjvstore.com/index.php. Brandon (Diligent) knows this brother personally and he sells only King James Bibles (no mv's!) and at reasonable prices. We have purchased several cases from him, and he is reputable and dependable. I would rather support a brother in Christ that refuses to sell the modern "perversions" than buy from someone who doesn't care what he sells - as long as he makes money!

We also buy second hand King James Bibles from e-bay (look under King James Bibles or KJV BIbles), sometimes you can get a great bargain (I recently bought an 1846 Holy Bible (In very good shape) for around $50.00). We try to go to the "Used Book Stores", etc., every so often and buy up used King James Bibles (in good shape) for distribution.

I second brother Tony's suggestions on the tracs (read them ahead of time, because not even all of Chic Tracs are sound.)

May God bless your efforts in this endeavor.
Thanks a lot brother. I agree. I'd much rather buy here. I actually found this sight the other day while just doin a Google search and found some.

Yeah, I was worried about that. Not being very knowledgeable (but learning) in the area of "Why the King James", I don't know if I'd be the best at finding errors and things like that in these tracts. I found one taken from Dr. Douglas Stauffer's book "One Book Stands Alone." I just started reading the book, so I don't really know if it's "sound" or not. You can actually find it on The KJV Store website. Would you recommend this tract?
  #10  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
cb6445 cb6445 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corryton, TN
Posts: 78
Default Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Craig, thanks for this site brother. I just placed an order for that tract and a couple other things from this site. Thanks again!
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com