Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

Default Kidney Stone

This morning towards the end of church a sharp pain hit me in my lower belly. I told my girlfriend I needed to go because it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't keep still in my seat. So, I left church, got in my car..barely made it to my grandmas because it was so hard to drive and experience all that pain at the same time. When I got to my grandmas I got my dad to drive me to ER and had to wait 20 minutes still for them to give me something for the pain. It was absolutely the worst pain I had experienced in my life. Anyways, they found out that it was a kidney stone. I've yet to pass the stone and I heard it hurts a lot, so please pray that I will be able to bear it when it does comes out.

Thanks for your prayers and God bless
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post
This morning towards the end of church a sharp pain hit me in my lower belly. I told my girlfriend I needed to go because it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't keep still in my seat. So, I left church, got in my car..barely made it to my grandmas because it was so hard to drive and experience all that pain at the same time. When I got to my grandmas I got my dad to drive me to ER and had to wait 20 minutes still for them to give me something for the pain. It was absolutely the worst pain I had experienced in my life. Anyways, they found out that it was a kidney stone. I've yet to pass the stone and I heard it hurts a lot, so please pray that I will be able to bear it when it does comes out.

You've got my prayers, of course, brother. I posted some advice for you over at baptist1611.com.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post

I've had two...and yes it's bad. To quote Long John Silver from Treasurer Island, "Them's that dies will be the lucky ones!"

Passing the stone is not as bad as what you've already endured.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM

They can smash that stone with ultra sound, to make the bits you pass a lot less painful.
My prayers for your comfort and recovery my brother.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 PM

I'm praying for you brother. Take care of yourself.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 01-04-2009, 08:55 PM

praying for you, brother Cody!

Yes, take care of yourself!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 AM

Praying.

Water: Typically, kidney stones are caused by dehydration. If you live in an area with hot, humid weather ( or where clean water is hard to find) your odds of getting kidney stones are increased. - drinking water will help in passing a stone also.

Citric Acid: Lemons are potent with citric acid? And citric acids and lemons have been known to dissolve hard materials, even stones. Squeeze a lemon into your water for flavor and dissolving properties.

Cranberries: Cranberry juice concentrate can maintain the urinary tract which will help prevent kidney stone formation. - Since kidney stones run in my family I use cranberry supplements in a pill form. Concentrate is too strong for me since I don't consume a lot of sugar.

Sugar: A diet high in sugar is associated with a higher risk of kidney stones. Stay away from sugary drinks and foods.

Of course some people are just prone to stones despite the best of diets. Praying this is a one time thing that is soon over for you.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the advise and prayers.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM

Happy birthday Cody. I hope that despite your medical predicament, that you enjoy this day, pain free.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 PM

You have my heartfelt prayers brother! The Lord will see you through this!