Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister Jassy,

I haven't updated that list in quite a long time. Brother Brandon has some recommendations on some of the latest books on the "Which Bible" issue (some of which I have read, and others which I have not) at the following Link: http://av1611.com/kjbp/books.html - you might want to check out some of those books, seeing they are up-to-date; although the basic "facts" about the issue have never changed, so much of what is being written is a re-hash of what others have already written (from a new and different point of view).

Sister Gail Riplinger is an excellent source of information on the "Which Bible" issue, and often has a new or different viewpoint on the subject also: http://www.avpublications.com/avnew/home.html I have read several of her books on the issue and they are excellent.

I have a very dear and close Christian friend who knows sister Riplinger personally - who (with his wife) has been in her and her husbands home and has fellowshipped with them on occasion, and who says that she is a warm and very humble Christian woman who is undeserving of the vicious attacks (by "Christians" - of course!) that have been brought against her (even by some supposed King James Bible "supporters").

You will notice that I will recommend books and authors when it comes to issues like "Which Bible"; or "Calvinism"; or Psychiatry/Psychology; or "Apostasy" in the churches; etc.. What I try to avoid is recommending "Commentaries" on the Bible; you have to be extremely careful when it comes to reading some man's commentaries on the Bible, and always be on guard (spiritual discernment) against "mixing" man's opinion with the Holy words of God.

Is Dr. Solomon Aordkian's book - Honoring the King James Bible still available? And if it is, where could I buy a copy? I greatly appreciate the work that you are doing to make his work available to the brethren (for free), and I understand where brother Aordkian is coming from (I have never charged for any of my written materials), but on the other hand: ". . . . the labourer is worthy of his hire." [Luke 10:7] and upon your recommendation, I would like to purchase his book and support him (in some small way), because I know and appreciate the labor that goes into producing a book.

I want to encourage you to keep on with your excellent Posts, and if anyone harasses you - brother Tony Bones and I will "take care of them"!

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

{P.S. I don't know if this may be some information you could use, but I thought I would pass it on to you for your review. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132431}
Brother George,

Your encouraging words are very welcome. I can always use extra encouragement!

Your divisions of categories are helpful in determining the subject matter of any given book that you've recommended. I also steer clear of commentaries. It would be too dangerous to slide into a lazy attitude of letting someone else decide, for me, what I am to believe or reject. I have focused on the Word of God and compared scripture with scripture to determine the truth. Since I had belonged to a false church in the past, I would not be easily persuaded to follow such a path again! (Indeed, I would have to wield my own SWORD and FIGHT!!) I've learned to pray, read and study, and trust the leading of the Holy Spirit. I know that the Holy Spirit's guidance is far better than any human commentary could be!

I will check out Brandon's book list. I have to build my library slowly, anyway, as I can afford to do so.

Unfortunately, Dr. Solomon Aordkian's book is no longer available for sale. It has gone out-of-print and he has no plans to offer it for sale again. I could ask him if he has an extra copy laying around somewhere that he would consider selling. I'll get back to you on that.

I've never met Solomon in person, but have spoken with him on the phone and communicated via handwritten letters and emails. I feel very blessed by my fellowship with this humble and knowledgeable man. His doctorate is in the medical field of Chiropractic - so he isn't formally schooled in "theology." I've found that, often, for those who are so-schooled, it has been to their detriment, since most colleges that teach religion, unfortunately, use corrupt Bible versions to do so.

Excellent and helpful link that you gave. I appreciate that! Thank you for looking out for your sister in the Lord. With you and brother Tony wielding the SWORD of the WORD of God, I feel very protected!

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software