Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionznc View Post
But some of you, (Bro. Parrish & Steven Avery) for example, act like I'm some spammer or waste of your time.
Sorry, I tried to make you feel welcome back in post no. 15.
No one here has stated you are wasting their time, so you may be jumping to conclusions there.

But here's the bottom line my friend: I don't want you or anyone else thinking that in order to have God's pure Word they have to print it themselves. And we can't have members concluding that God's Truth is "hard to obtain," we just can't---because God has made His inerrant Bible available to everyone. That old KJV Bible has been shipped to communist countries around the world. Millions have been given away by churches and pastors. Millions more have been placed in hotel rooms since 1908. Missionaries have carried it into the darkest jungles to give it to tribal communities without electricity or clean water. God loves you and His inerrant Word is being preserved for you right now, and that's really the core value of this forum. May God richly bless you as you seek to learn His Word!

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-17-2008 at 10:33 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Aloha illusionznc,

Your quote:
Quote:
"I have received some less than hospitable responses in here that quite frankly kind of upset me at first, and then hurt my feelings. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, and I may not be as smart as you are, but from some of the responses in here that I've seen, I would have to seriously question whether you were truly a christian. I have been nice to people, and only try to get some help with stuff I don't understand."
If you will recall, I welcomed you to the AV1611 Bible Forum and tried to explain to you that some folks on the Forum might be a "wee bit touchy" because of some trouble makers that recently showed up here. (They come and go - kind of like the wind.)

On the other hand, I perceive that you may be a new Christian, and as such, you may not have had much dealings with other Christians that may differ from you in character and temperament.

If your feelings have been hurt, by statements that are not meant to offend, or if you think that some of the brethrens' comments have been far too offensive, then you might be a wee bit too sensitive to inquiries that are sincerely made (with no malice intended) about what you believe or where you stand as a Christian.

There are some reasons why some on this board might be suspicious of you:

#1. The name you chose as your "handle" (illusionznc) gives rise to questions.{"illusion"?}

#2. Your sensitivity to questions that normally wouldn't upset Christians that are grounded in the word of God.

#3. Your willingness to question whether a person is a Christian or not, based on how you perceive you are being treated - "I would have to seriously question whether you were truly a christian."

I have been a Christian for over 50 years now, and I don't go around questioning other people's salvation {whether they are born again or not}. Just because a Christian brother or sister may not treat me right or may commit some other sin, does not mean that they are not Christians - after all we can't possibly know their hearts, only God knows the hearts of men. [1Kings 8:39 & 2Chronicles 6:30]

The Bible instructs us (Christians) that we are to have "charity", and we are NOT to be "easily provoked":

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I would encourage you to "bear" with us. There are many wonderful and knowledgeable Christian brethren on this Forum who may be of some help to you as you grow in the Lord.

We are living in "the last days", and it is getting more and more difficult to find people (Christian brethren) who are willing to take a stand for the word of God. This Forum has more people who are willing to take that stand, than any church that I have been in for the last 50 years.

If you stick around, I'll guarantee that you will learn things about God and about His Holy word, that you won't hear on radio or TV, or in most churches today!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:02 PM

First off, my screen name is suspicious ? It was just something I came up with. I have the same screen name for myspace. I didn't know a certain screen name would have me judged. I think it is very shallow and narrow minded that someone would make such an assumption based on a screen name. Maybe I couldn't think of anything better at the time. It has worked when all other screen names were taken already. What would you like ? You want my real name ? My real name is Tommy. Does that suit you better ?

And If you had read my post more carefully, you would have seen that I thanked all those who sincerely helped me, and I certainly don't remember pointing you out George for not being hospitable. I said I have received "some" less than hospitable responses. I may be a sensitive person, but you all need to work on how you talk to people too. I understand you have had spammers and one post wonders in the past as you call them, but that doesn't give you the green light to apply that tone with other people in whom you also don't know their hearts.

That is all I'm trying to say. Treat people with kindness, and speak to them in a good tone instead of having that initial suspicion in the back of your mind and applying a tone in your responses that can be viewed as negative. I really don't know what more to do to prove I'm a good person. Nor do I feel I should have to. But if it would make things better, have an administrator contact me to possibly change my screen name. If that will set some people at ease, I will be happy to change it. I went from asking sincere questions about bible versions, to defending my intentions. I think I have made my intentions clear.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Bro. Parrish

Tommy, keep the screen name, it's fine.

Take a deep breath brother... R E L A X...

Everyone repeat after me: "peace, love, harmony"...

Good, all together now:

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya..."
Old 12-17-2008, 03:54 PM

I was viewing a site I came across that I had seen in a post somewhere, it is called www.avpublications.com, I could not get the "shopping" tab to work so I could view the bibles they have for sale, but I did call them. They are sending me a catalog of their bibles, and she also told me they were the pure cambridge editions. I'm a little skeptical because she gave me a date of around 1983. But I asked about the 12 main verses, and she confirmed they was all correct, and also confirmed their bible is not the concord edition, but the old cambridge.

Like I said, I'm somewhat skeptical because of the 1983 date she gave me, but I thought it was interesting and would share what I discovered so far. Its worth a look anyways.

P.S. She also said they had it in black genuine leather & that she wasn't sure why cambridge university press would say they didn't make it at the moment, because that is where they get them from. (Hence why I'm skeptical it may be the concord edition) It is interesting at the least.

Last edited by illusionznc; 12-17-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:55 PM

I was finally able to see the sites inventory of bibles. Here is the link to the "cambridge edition" they have. https://shop.avpublications.com/prod...cebdba15ef2dee, I am not so sure about it though, because it says something about a Trinitarian Bible Society, and I'm not getting good vibes from that name for some reason.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:55 PM

So,there are no Pure Cambridge Editions available?
What are the Cambridge Editions sold through the KJV Store?Any worth buying.

http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_l...d89f5d37940343

Since the Ryrie,Scofield,Dake and concord Cambridge are not a PCE,does that mean we are all reading a corrupt version of the KJ Bible?

And here i thought the NIV/NLT etc... crowds could not agree on anything, no wonder its confusing.
I better quit reading this stuff,it only causes dissension.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM

I don't think they are all corrupt. Most Authorized King James Bibles as described to me still have true doctrine in them. They just have possible spelling errors, italics, and word differences in some minor areas. I think as long as you read an Authorized King James Bible, your ok until you can be fortunate to come across the Pure Cambridge Edition. Since reading BibleProtectors site and some of the responses I have received here, I am just on the lookout for a Pure Cambridge Edition of the King James Version. I plan to use the 12 main Bible verses he gave to compare any Bible I come across for pureness. At any rate man, I'm gonna trust in the Lord and pray about it, and just put it in the Almighty's hands. Amen.

Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Matthew 7:7,8 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

Amen.

Last edited by illusionznc; 12-17-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
So,there are no Pure Cambridge Editions available?
The Pure Cambridge Edition is available. There are second hand copies around. And you can still pick up new Cambridge printings of it from select places. Also, Collins is printing new runs of the PCE every year at the moment. They have a normal sized Bible with no notes and leather bound right now. Also, it is quite possible that even some TBS copies are PCE.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Illusion,let us know what you find in the way of a PCE, and if they would be Black Leather.
Good Luck in your search.

Bibleprotector,any links to a website to purchase a Collins? Thanks.