Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Bro. Parrish

Gentlemen, you never heard of the National Union Party which Lincoln and his friends started after the Republican party? As I understand it, basically he was sucking up to the Northern Democrats, trying to compromise with them and some of his Republican friends, only the Republicans started leaving and going back to the G.O.P. so eventually it became just another branch of the Democratic party in new clothes. The last congressman left the N.U.P. in 1867.
You can read about this if you scroll down under Lincoln's photo and click on the word "National Union" on the right side of this article, just a few lines above Lincoln's signature under Political Party:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-05-2008 at 01:57 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Are you people going to let this man have the power over your joy and pain? Don't!
Amen. Focus on the world = focus off Christ.

I'm struggling with the aftermath of the election, but I am holding fast to the truth that God is in control, that this will all work for our good.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 PM

Well, I've been almost overjoyed by the following information: not only has "gay" marriage been banned in THREE states (California, Florida, and Arizona), but Nebraska did away with Affirmative Action!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Are you people going to let this man have the power over your joy and pain? Don't!

In two years you will have the chance to throw out the House of Representatives. Look forward to the next time you have a chance to "have your say."

Until then, rejoice that you are still in the greatest country on Earth and that God saw fit to stick you in a place where you won't go to jail and be tortured for preaching Christ.

Find things to be happy in. Here in Oklahoma, we sent Inhoffe back to the Senate, and it was actually a pleasure to vote for him. Plus, the Republicans expanded their majority in the state government. And 65% of the voters voted against Obama here.
Amen Brandon! I ask our Heavenly Father to bless Obama with Wisdom, Skill, Patience and to uphold Your will I Pray that you guide this man's footsteps even if he is not aware of your Spirit in doing so. I ask you to bless Obama that he may rightly govern this Nation and uphold that which is good and right. I ask this for the saints in this Nation. I ask this in the Name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM

While the USA slides a little further, the new Russia is gathering its strength. They are planning to advance their military, economy and "policy", and they easily crushed Georgia... that is one step closer towards their invasion of Israel, as shown in Ezekiel 38 & 39.

I have noticed that Russia has been a great friend of Iran (Persia) in recent years too.

People think that the USA has been blessed in relation to their policy concerning Israel. This is true, but the real reason why the USA has had blessing is because it had the KJB and has stood for it more and now hosts the greatest number of KJB supporters.

"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34).

While the USA may be weakened, the Bible directly shows bad things are to happen to Russia. Although I am against hyper-predestination, I do believe the determinations of the counsel of God revealed in prophecy as true, so it is clear that God is going to destroy the upcoming Russian leader.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
While the USA slides a little further, the new Russia is gathering its strength. They are planning to advance their military, economy and "policy", and they easily crushed Georgia... that is one step closer towards their invasion of Israel, as shown in Ezekiel 38 & 39.

I have noticed that Russia has been a great friend of Iran (Persia) in recent years too.

People think that the USA has been blessed in relation to their policy concerning Israel. This is true, but the real reason why the USA has had blessing is because it had the KJB and has stood for it more and now hosts the greatest number of KJB supporters.

"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34).

While the USA may be weakened, the Bible directly shows bad things are to happen to Russia. Although I am against hyper-predestination, I do believe the determinations of the counsel of God revealed in prophecy as true, so it is clear that God is going to destroy the upcoming Russian leader.
That's right, Amen!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 AM

As far as predestination of nations goes, I have no trouble at all believing it. God raised up kings and nations to punish the Jews time and again; also, prophecy is clear on end times as far as Russia and the other nations of the East (likely China and India) are concerned.

Of course, as far as predestination of individuals goes; we're predestined to be conformed to His image, not to get saved. Predestination has nothing to do with individuals concerning salvation whatsoever.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post

Both reasons are true. However, now that America is producing a new Bible version every year or two, and the Bush administration has steadfastly aligned itself with the establishment of a Palestinian state (and Obama will be even worse), what blessings can America dare expect?

To ask the question is to realize the answer.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Both reasons are true. However, now that America is producing a new Bible version every year or two, and the Bush administration has steadfastly aligned itself with the establishment of a Palestinian state (and Obama will be even worse), what blessings can America dare expect?

To ask the question is to realize the answer.
Dear Vendetta, I with much respect am going to disagree with you here: Fact, America has never been a "Christian" Nation, many of our founding fathers were deeply involved in Masonry (at high degrees), to an extent the American Revolution was a Masonic Revolution. Many were Deist. 2nd. Even IF God stopped blessing the Nation, is it forgone that he will forsake, abandon, and cease to bless the Faithful Remnant of the USA? He knows those who are his. Bless His Name! Further, I and I am sure most of you,, do not dictate foreign policy! We vote for who is most Biblical, but let us be honest, other than our prayers, thing like that are not in our hands, God knows this, we may be getting smaller, but there are many of us who have not "bent the knee to Baal" thus I feel we (the true Christians) are not appointed to Wrath. Pax.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
Dear Vendetta, I with much respect am going to disagree with you here: Fact, America has never been a "Christian" Nation, many of our founding fathers were deeply involved in Masonry (at high degrees), to an extent the American Revolution was a Masonic Revolution. Many were Deist. 2nd. Even IF God stopped blessing the Nation, is it forgone that he will forsake, abandon, and cease to bless the Faithful Remnant of the USA? He knows those who are his. Bless His Name! Further, I and I am sure most of you,, do not dictate foreign policy! We vote for who is most Biblical, but let us be honest, other than our prayers, thing like that are not in our hands, God knows this, we may be getting smaller, but there are many of us who have not "bent the knee to Baal" thus I feel we (the true Christians) are not appointed to Wrath. Pax.
I don't believe God would hold His peace while th remnant remains. God knows full well that for a Christian to die is gain. God will preserve whom He will preserve.

1 Peter 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

It is good to pray for the Christians that find themselves in tribulation (remember that all who will live righteously in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution) but don't think for a second that because we're Christians everything will be just peachy. Now, that being said, I don't think the wrath of God is upon us. We may find ourselves suffering collateral damage (just look at California right now! I can just imagine an Angel of the Lord fanning those flames!) but that doesn't mean God is punishing His remnant.

So like VR hinted at, I do not believe God will bless America as a nation. America has turned its back on God. It has gone from being a post-Christian nation to an anti-Christian nation. The only options we Christians have in response to this wicked nation is to pray without ceasing and to continue to hold our ground firmly on the KJB.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
(I love this verse! It shows that Paul knew his words were the very Words of God!)

John 17:1-26 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 11-16-2008 at 05:34 PM.