Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Bro. Parrish

Default America's Fastest Growing Religion - Witchcraft?

While Jews, Muslims and Christians fight among themselves, one religion has darted in front of all the others to become the America's fastest growing faith.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/267495
http://www.christianpost.com/Society...-21/index.html
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-22-2009, 02:10 PM

Wow, this statement by Wicca was startling

Quote:

We are a self funded ministry dedicated to spreading the truth of God’s Word. We believe and teach the same things that were taught by Jesus, as well as what Paul and the Apostles taught to the early Church. We wholly believe in the Bible as our only source of doctrine and recognize that all scripture is totally inspired by God and so fully trustworthy, including the acknowledgement that there was a literal six day creation plus one extra day for rest and Holy use giving us the seven day week we have today. We have also discovered that once you know the keys to unlock the prophecies of the Bible, they actually can be understood and without private interpretation. Jesus said blessed is he that reads and understands them. (Revelation 1:1-3)
Unbelieveable, witches believe the Bible "totally inspired" but many Christians do not.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Bro. Parrish

I think you are misunderstanding that reference brother.
That statement you quoted is from Steve Wohlberg, he is not a Wiccan he is a Christian Speaker and author of ten books and has been a guest on hundreds of radio and TV shows. If you read it carefully it states they are attempting to "educate people about the risks of this advancing movement." I can see anyone would easily be confused though, I think it's a little misleading because the website "wiccawitchcraft.net" sounds bad but if you follow the link it's actually maintained by the Christians reaching out to those who are trapped in the occult. I hope I'm making sense here, I think it's a case of "Wise as serpents, harmless as doves?"
Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 PM

Well, it's not "Witchcraft" that is the fastest growing religion, it's the New Age. Everything from Chiropracters to Yoga is of this New Age religion. Of course those are just the soft forms of this new wave of New Age "spirituality" that is spreading across the country. Nearly every form of mysticism out of the east is slowly creeping into everything we see around us. The problem is is that not many have the discernment to see it. Conservative Bapstis folks I know don't see it, so it's obvious that the liberals don't see it and have taken it to the next step by saturating their churches with it. The new book "The Shack" is a good example of New Age spirituality that has crept into church.

We all need to get into The Book and out of the world! Kill your television!

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Christian Rock, Christian Yoga, Christian Mantras, Christian Self-Esteem Speakers (they don't need their self worth promoted, but abased).

It's garbage.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Well, it's not "Witchcraft" that is the fastest growing religion, it's the New Age. Everything from Chiropracters to Yoga is of this New Age religion.
The New Age movement is really something different than Wicca, are you suggesting all chiropractors are new agers?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Christian Rock, Christian Yoga, Christian Mantras, Christian Self-Esteem Speakers (they don't need their self worth promoted, but abased).

It's garbage.
How do you define Christian Rock, brother?
I think there is a lot of good contemporary music out there.
Do you have a list of bad vs. good musical groups?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Well, it's not "Witchcraft" that is the fastest growing religion, it's the New Age. Everything from Chiropracters to Yoga is of this New Age religion.
Stephen
Here is an article of interest; food for thought.

Quote:
Chiropractic is hugely popular. There are about 70,000 licensed practitioners in America alone, and several million people are treated annually.

Most patients who visit for the first time do so for lower back pain, neck pain, and headaches.

Chiropractic was developed in the late 19th century by Daniel D. Palmer (1845-1913), an occultist who attended spiritualist meetings. He practiced magnetic healing and admitted that chiropractic was an outgrowth of this. At a coroner’s inquiry in 1905, Palmer refused to take the oath “so help me God,” protesting, “I don’t want any help from God” (“Osteopathy and Chiropractice,”
Click here to read entire article:

http://www.wayoflife.org/files/749f8...81bfe-218.html
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
rock - popular music usually played on electronically amplified instruments and characterized by a persistent heavily accented beat, repetition of simple phrases, and often country, folk, and blues elements
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rock[2]
Quote:
Rock music — or simply rock — is a loosely defined genre of popular music that developed during and after the 1960s. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll and rockabilly, which themselves evolved from rhythm and blues, country music and other influences. In addition, rock music drew on a number of other musical influences, including folk music, jazz, and classical music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_music

Is there even such a thing as "Christian" rock?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Here is an article of interest; food for thought.

Click here to read entire article:

http://www.wayoflife.org/files/749f8...81bfe-218.html
That article answered my question:

"Though the field of chiropractic is riddled with quackery and occultism, not all chiropractors are involved in these things. A minority merely use physical adjustments and massage to remedy neuromusculoskeletal ailments rather than dealing at an occultic “innate” level, and they do not condemn modern medicine."

I have never been to a chiropractor, but my mother in law went to one a few years ago and he broke her rib.