Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
If Christians could educate their fellow citizens, then perhaps we could vote out the liberal pro-death politicians and elect those pro-life. This is the only solution I see (plus lots of confession and prayer to God).
You know Winman, I agree with you, son and I were talking about that this week, but I think the problem is Americans are simply not voting that way anymore. Case in point, I think this became stunningly clear when we saw the Iowa caucuses shift to Obama, who is undoubtedly the most pro-death candidate to come down the pipeline in U.S. history, and one of only a handful who supported partial birth abortion and to withhold life sustaining care to children who are BORN ALIVE in abortion clinics. Here's a link:
http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2...to_barack.html

It seems to me that when it comes to judgement, God is a God of numbers. You see Gen. 18, and it makes you think. I think the numbers have shifted so much in America, that our values are pretty much history and it's more complicated than just abortion, but I think that abortion is a bellwether.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM

Bro Parrish

You are correct. For sometime there has seemed to be two America's, liberal America and conservative America. Those are just general terms. It seems to me that the majority of Americans were conservative until around 2000. The turning point in my opinion was the election of '92. Bill Clinton won that election only because Ross Perot drew away enough conservatives from Bush to swing the election. In this election, Clinton won with 43% of the vote, Bush received 37.4%, Perot received 18.9%. But the vast majority of Perot's supporters were conservative and would have gone to Bush. So, without Perot, Bush would have received about 55% of the vote.

So, in 1992, it was about 55% conservative, 45% liberal.

Go to 2000 and the results are much different. In 2000 George W. Bush received 47.9%, Gore 48.4%, Bush winning the electoral college. Very even now.

Now, 2008 we have Obama receiving 53%, McCain 46%. So, now the liberals are the clear majority for the first time.

But I was wrong, the answer is not for Christians to inform non-Christians, they will not listen. What America really needs is a Revival. Things have gotten so bad, that I think most Christians do not believe this is even possible. I have to admit I have allowed myself to become very discouraged myself.

This may sound terrible, but I am encouraged by the financial crisis in our country and the world. Time and again, when very difficult times come, people turn back to God. So perhaps this is our opportunity. Perhaps now is a time for America to turn back to God.

So, I amend what I said. America needs a real revival to bring her back to God. Then hopefully we will turn away from this horrible sin of abortion. I think America is terribly guilty of many sins today, but killing innocent children has to be the worst. And great events in history have been preceeded by the murder of children.

Exo 1:15 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah: 16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live. 17 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.

Exo 1:20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty.

Here, the midwives disobeyed the government, but God dealt well with them. Perhaps this is a message to us today.

Matt 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.

It doesn't get any bigger than this, Moses's and Jesus's birth were marked by the murder of innocent children. I cannot help but believe that if we do not turn from this sin, the Lord will return very soon. Of course, that's great for us believers, but very bad for those who do not believe.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Bro. Parrish

Great post,
that is very interesting about the midwives brother...
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
as soon as I can be shown Scripture that I am a Vigilante For Christ and that I should be an ambassador for Christ using the methods of murder and tactics of the unfruitful works of darkness, I'll then form a guerrilla band that they'll write books about and be talking about 200 years from now. I'll commit murder to prevent murder and cast out Satan using Satan.
Right On TBones,

I agree 100%.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Bro. Parrish

related....

Family of Slain Late-Term Abortion Practitioner
George Tiller Will Close Business

Wichita, KS (LifeNews.com) -- The family of late-term abortion practitioner George Tiller, who was recently shot to death, has confirmed they will close his late-term abortion business permanently. The family's attorneys released a statement Tuesday saying the Women's Health Care Services abortion center will be "permanently closed."

The decision, they explained, is effective immediately.

It means that other late-term abortion practitioners like Nebraska-based LeRoy Carhart will not take over Tiller's Kansas-based abortion center and continue it following his death.

The statement also indicated that Tiller's family will not have any involvement in any other abortion centers. That means the Tiller name will no longer be connected with the performance of abortions on babies who may be able to live on their own outside their mother's womb... more here:
http://www.lifenews.com/state4217.html