Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Default Response from Dr. Aordkian

I wanted to let people know that I tried to phone Dr. Solomon Aordkian, regarding how and where to obtain a copy of his book, but he is a very busy Chiropractor and thus and I elected to write a snail-mail letter to him instead of leaving a voice mail message for him.

Today I received a lovely, handwritten, 2-page letter of reply from Dr. Aordkian, in which he stated his delight at receiving my letter regarding his book: Honoring the King James Bible: Exposing the Modern English Bible Versions as Counterfeits. He told me that Texe Marrs was selling that book about 7 years ago. That was where I had originally purchased it from. I'm not fond of Texe Marrs today, and how much he has gotten off-the-point regarding the Jewish people, but he did (and does) support the KJVO stance. Anyway, what Dr. Aordkian told me is that all of the printed copies that Texe Marrs made of his book have been distributed, and Texe Marrs owns the copyright. Dr. Aordkian is going to find out about how he can re-obtain the copyright, if Texe Marrs has no more plans to make another printing of the book. He plans to call Texe Marrs and I will keep in touch with him to find out the latest.

He told me that he isn't "computer oriented" and wanted to know what it meant to have an electronic copy of the book. I honestly am willing to type out the entire book - it's only 80 pages - if Dr. Aordkian gives me his permission to do so. I'm not sure about copyright issues though. So, even if I type it out, I will need to await permission and be given the authority to distribute it. Dr. Aordkian isn't interested in making a profit from it. He stated his purpose of writing the book as twofold: 1) "to expose other versions as counterfeits" and 2) "to put into the hands of Believers like yourself to help fortify your belief in the KJV and to give you ammunition to explain Satan's plot to others."

He told me that he is in the process of doing a 2 or 3 page synopsis of his book which he can photocopy - to help spread the word more.

I told him about our AV1611 Forum here and he thanked us for standing firm on the King James Bible.

I'll keep everyone informed as more information or a solution is found.

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Sis Jassy,
Thanks for your efforts, Jassy. Hopefully there has to be another way other than typing out the whole book! I have a scanner. Just have to get my husband show me how to use it since I'm somewhat technologically challenged.

Your sister greenbear.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Sis Jassy,
Thanks for your efforts, Jassy. Hopefully there has to be another way other than typing out the whole book! I have a scanner. Just have to get my husband show me how to use it since I'm somewhat technologically challenged.

Your sister greenbear.
Sis Jennifer,

It will depend on the copyright. If copying the book, via a scanner, as it was printed, that book's copyright is not Dr. Aordkian's anymore. However, if it is retyped for an electronic format, then it is my understanding that it becomes a new "edition" of the book - and the new edition is not bound to any prior copyright.

So, I have already started typing it out, and it's not difficult at all. I type very fast, and I can layout the various tables used in Word.doc. I'm already on page 18 (having started yesterday) and there are only 80 pages. So, I'm sure I can get this done fairly rapidly - that's nearly one-fourth of the book already typed, in less than 24 hours! Of course I've got other things to attend to but I'm confident that I can get it completed within a week or so.

It's a labor of love!

I'll stay in touch with Dr. Aordkian, as he requested that I do so.

Jassy
Old 06-16-2009, 04:44 PM

If Dr. Aordkian gave or sold the copyright to Tex Marrs, then it doesn't matter how you reproduce the book's content, you at least need permission from Marrs to distribute your copy, if not be required to pay some type of royalty.

If I were you, I would contact Marrs before any distribution of your typed copy. I would hope (and expect) that he would grant permission without charge. At 80 pages, and being out of print, it could not have been a big money-maker for him anyhow.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
If Dr. Aordkian gave or sold the copyright to Tex Marrs, then it doesn't matter how you reproduce the book's content, you at least need permission from Marrs to distribute your copy, if not be required to pay some type of royalty.

If I were you, I would contact Marrs before any distribution of your typed copy. I would hope (and expect) that he would grant permission without charge. At 80 pages, and being out of print, it could not have been a big money-maker for him anyhow.
Brother Tim,

Dr. Aordkian will contact Texe Marrs. I don't think I have the authority to do that, since I didn't write the book. I'll remain in touch with Dr. Aordkian and I'm sure there's a solution that will be workable.

You're right that it was never a money-maker. I think I paid only $4 for my paperback copy, about 7 years ago. Dr. Aordkian never cared about profiting from it - so perhaps Texe Marrs will be agreeable to allow the book to be made available electronically. If he releases the copyright, that should work out fine then.

Jassy