Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post

Let us be very slow to give up on those hard of hearing, and deceived and spiritually depressed. Being ready to share with them once again, instant in season, when there is a spark of hunger and honesty.

Shalom,
Steven
Hi Steven,

These words are a comfort to me today. I think you know why.

Shalom,

Tandi
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Please understand, I am not disagreeing with you, however because of my background (fascinated, lured by the qodesh name concepts for some years) I would like to share.

1 Corinthians 9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you:
but ye are washed,
but ye are sanctified,
but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God.

Let us be very slow to give up on those hard of hearing, and deceived and spiritually depressed. Being ready to share with them once again, instant in season, when there is a spark of hunger and honesty.

Shalom,
Steven
Right, I am in agreement with you. But like you said "honesty" is a condition. I don't think my discussions with Sean were profitable simply because he was more interested in schooling me than in hearing my testimony. Perhaps someone like yourself would have been more able to have an educated chat with him, but unfortunatel my faith in the Word of God is more simple. My biggest problem is that my faith in the KJB is absolute, and I don't need to dig into the Greek and Hebrew to believe it like some folks did before they came to faith in God'd Word. Therefore I just can't get into it with Hebrew and Greek folks who want to shew the world that they hold the key to unlocking God's Word. My tactic usually entails grabbing the nearest pulpit Bible and throwing it at their face and yelling "READ IT AND BELIEVE!" Hahaha. Maybe someday, Lord willing I'll get more inspired to dig into the textual evidence for my beloved Book, but for now I'm going to focus on knowing it and believing it so I can help others, who trust in it, to see the deep and rewarding truths found within.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen