Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Manny,

I am in agreement with you. God can have His perfect word in another language. Is our God "limited" to just English? I trow not! On the other hand,I don't think that there are very many Bibles in other languages that have "measured up" to the King James Bible, in purity and authority.

I appreciate your testimony about the Reina Valera Gomez Bible (aka RVG). I have heard (and read) so much conflicting testimony about the different Valera's that I didn't know what to believe. I will accept your testimony (and the work you have done in researching this issue) as the truth.

Just an added note of appreciation. I really have appreciated all of your posts brother. They are always thoughtful, well-reasoned, and appropriate.

May our God bless you and yours always.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,
George Anderson
Thank you my Brother for the kind words. Its encouraging to know that you also understand that our God is not limited and that he can provide his pure words in any language. Unfortunately, as you said there are not many KJV-equivalent translations in foreign languages. I really believe that the current controversy of the different Spanish Bibles is causing an awareness of the need of faithful Received Text based KJV-equivalent translations in other languages. A Bible translator told me that there are over 3000 languages in the world today that do not have one verse of scripture translated. What a sad commentary! How sad that the Alexandrian text crowd are fighting for their over 200 "easier-to-read" English bibles (and more on the way) while there are 3000 other languages without one verse of scripture translated. Surely we are living in the Laodicean period. I am praying that God will raise up more laborers who are willing to commit themselves to God and take on the task of getting God's pure words to the world. We have so much work to do. So many gaps to fill. So many souls to reach. We need more soldiers!

Last edited by Manny Rodriguez; 09-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Bibles in other languages

Aloha brother Rodriguez,

Are you familiar with John Hinton's work involving his "Bible Restoration Ministry"? Brother Hinton is trying to find old Bible's that were originally from the King James Tradition in languages and dialects in India, China, and the Mid-East.

He learns the language (or dialect), checks the old versions against the King James Bible and then brings them into line with The KJB. Quite a daunting task! And yet one that is both necessary and God honoring.

Here is some info about him:

John Hinton
c/o 1737 Grace Lane
Columbus, Ohio [43220]
740-226-3222
614-451-7043
jhinton@post.harvard.edu

Sponsoring Church
Gateway Anabaptist Church
6146 E. Dunbar Rd.
Monroe, Michigan (48161)
734-384-5189
pastordan@cleaninter.net

You can find more information at: http://www.kjv-asia.com/bible_believ...ohn_hinton.htm

God has his 7,000 who have not bent the knee to Baal situated throughout the world. And although we may be poor (in wealth), and few in number - He will enable us to accomplish those things He has called us to
: ". . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." [
Zechariah 4:6]
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Rodriguez,

Are you familiar with John Hinton's work involving his "Bible Restoration Ministry"? Brother Hinton is trying to find old Bible's that were originally from the King James Tradition in languages and dialects in India, China, and the Mid-East.

He learns the language (or dialect), checks the old versions against the King James Bible and then brings them into line with The KJB. Quite a daunting task! And yet one that is both necessary and God honoring.

Here is some info about him:

John Hinton
c/o 1737 Grace Lane
Columbus, Ohio [43220]
740-226-3222
614-451-7043
jhinton@post.harvard.edu

Sponsoring Church
Gateway Anabaptist Church
6146 E. Dunbar Rd.
Monroe, Michigan (48161)
734-384-5189
pastordan@cleaninter.net

You can find more information at: http://www.kjv-asia.com/bible_believ...ohn_hinton.htm

God has his 7,000 who have not bent the knee to Baal situated throughout the world. And although we may be poor (in wealth), and few in number - He will enable us to accomplish those things He has called us to
: ". . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." [
Zechariah 4:6]
I have heard of Bro. Hinton's ministry and communicated briefly with him via email a couple times. I would like to learn more about his ministry. His work certainly sounds like a good one. There are several other ministries that I am also familiar with that are involved with translating, promoting, and providing good, solid, KJV-equivalent foreign Bibles. I thank God for these good brethren.

Thank you for Bro. Hinton's information.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 PM

There are some of us who accept there are good versions in other languages, but who see the King James Bible as superior to them all, to the point where (since English speaking is a growing and global phenomena) the King James Bible could and should be the Word to all nations.

After all, there are not many good versions in foreign languages. Considering that there are so many foreign languages which do not have adequate presentations of the Scripture, and considering that no foreign language has a Bible equal to the superiority of the KJB, I really think that it is better to help teach people English, and have them use the KJB rather than to expend resources on moderately acceptable versions.

That is why we should not only pray that God will raise up more labourers who are willing to commit themselves to God and take on the task of getting God's pure words to the world, but that we see ourselves as empowered to do it, and to put our resources behind it. At present, I am concentrating upon getting God's Word to people who already know English, and I am labouring to get people who are ready to understand the importance of God's pure Word. We need to have the right foundation and have the house in order before we can really start effectively turning cultures for Christ. It may be that ourselves and our own local Church must be developed first, so that is where we must accelerate in this grand promulgation of the Gospel.

Quote:
We have so much work to do. So many gaps to fill. So many souls to reach. We need more soldiers!
"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19).

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Pet. 4:17).
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
It is certainly unusal for someone to have a Tyndale Bible, yet seem to know so little about it. What George and Manny have posted above are, I think, very helpful for anyone who wants to find real answers.
I haven't read nearly all of the "versions" of the Bibles and other works that I have. For that matter, I can't say that I have sat down and read any Bible cover to cover. I collected these Bibles over the years from the recycle bins at libraries, yards sales, and finding them in old houses that we have bought. Its absolutely amazing what libraries throw away as "outdated". For a long time it was more important for me to say I had them than for me to actually read them.

I have finally decided to "get serious" with God and I have a LOT of questions, doubts, etc on a lot of subjects. I learned enough to get me into trouble basically. I have several children and it is very important to me that they come to know God in a much better way than I did. Anyway, I am home now and will be doing a lot of soul searching.