Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 PM

Default My Brother and significant other

My brother is 15 years older than I and he left the church when I was very young. He was subject to a lot of blame for things that the pastor's children did. He also saw the harsh treatment of other people in the church and finally left telling my mom that he still believed.

Now he is living with his 'common-law wife' and she feels rather the same except more so. She also has an attachment to evolution that keeps popping up in discussions as I am SOO against this completely unscientific and outright LIE.

I can see he has some great values but am unsure of where he stands. i do not know when/how/if he came to the Lord with a true understanding.

Please pray for him, his significant other, and my courage and understanding of what God wants me to say. Also, please pray for the uniting of my family, more love between siblings, parents, in-laws etc. Also, for the understanding and courage of the whole family concerning this situation.

Thankyou and God bless!!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
My brother is 15 years older than I and he left the church when I was very young. He was subject to a lot of blame for things that the pastor's children did. He also saw the harsh treatment of other people in the church and finally left telling my mom that he still believed.

Now he is living with his 'common-law wife' and she feels rather the same except more so. She also has an attachment to evolution that keeps popping up in discussions as I am SOO against this completely unscientific and outright LIE.

I can see he has some great values but am unsure of where he stands. i do not know when/how/if he came to the Lord with a true understanding.

Please pray for him, his significant other, and my courage and understanding of what God wants me to say. Also, please pray for the uniting of my family, more love between siblings, parents, in-laws etc. Also, for the understanding and courage of the whole family concerning this situation.

Thankyou and God bless!!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
Greetings sister Katie,
I'll pray for your brother and his "significant other" and your other prayer requests for family.
Jassy
Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 AM

I will pray for your family. My younger brother did much the same for a different reason. It has taken a long time and much pain and sorrow for him to return back to his faith.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Default Thankyou

Thankyou both very much. I look forward to what God is planning for us all.