Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 PM
cpmac

Paladin:
Quote:
Exactly, in that day, the world was limited, at that time, Alexander had conquered all of the known world...yet there were people (not the governments that are there today) in the Americas.
What's your point?

Quote:
Also, I may have a limited understanding of this verse, but shouldn't we have at least one other verse that confirms a supposed interpretation before making a decision regarding doctrine?
Part of the verse reads, "which was preached to every creature which is under heaven"
It seems plain and simple to me. What else could it mean? I didn't think it needs interpreting. And it's the Word of God; does it need confirmation to be true?

Quote:
Another thing, "preached to every creature which is under heaven." I don't think it would be wise to interpret that phrase literally...because had the gospel been preached to every frog, horse, dog, and fungi? I think Paul is being poetic here. If everybody had heard Jesus's gospel, wouldn't there have been Christians (at least one?) in America before the Vikings discovered it?
If Johnwas being poetic, what do YOU think he meant by "every creature?"
The most reasonable way to interpret this verse is to consider that Paul was sane enough to preach the Gospel only to those creatures who might understand it. He wouldn't preach to frogs, dogs, and horses.

C'mon, Paladin: I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion here. If you can show me where I'm wrong, I'll change my beliefs. So far I haven't seen anything.

cpmac
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
cpmac

Ev. Steve:
Quote:
Can you tell me where in the Bible is stated that rapture is for Jews and Not the Church.
As I have mentioned before, When Christ started His Church, it was made up mostly of Israelites. So, how can anyone differentiate between Church and Israel? But I never said that the Rapture is for the Jews and not for the Church. Will there be another rapture in the future? I don't know.

cpmac