General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Default What should be our answer?

Howdy my brothers and sisters in Christ. You see, in the "Obama Watch Deleted Thread", Diligent posted a link to a place where you can start blogs. Well, my curiosity got the best of me and I went there to have a look. Upon entrance, I see a blog of a former "Christian" now turned atheist. In there he types about how to stump a pro-lifer with a question: if abortion becomes illegal, what should we do with the women who abort? He claims that most pro-lifers haven't thought about this and we become confused when asked. Mind you, he even posted a video asking pro-lifers questions but I have no intention seeing it for now, but his article and the responses it got sure got me thinking. I been pro-life for a long time (even before I got saved), but I never thought about what punishment a woman should get if abortion does becomes illegal. So, if abortion is murder (and I believe it is), should the women who have abortion be treated the same as murderers. What should be their punishment if abortion becomes illegal?

Oh by the way, here is the link:
http://unreasonablefaith.com/2009/01...-one-question/
Old 01-23-2009, 12:26 PM

That's very sad to read. It looks like his downfall started when he started going to more worldy churches and colleges. First came "new freedoms", then new thinking, allowing the Devil to move into your life and it just went down from there. Sad.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Howdy my brothers and sisters in Christ. You see, in the "Obama Watch Deleted Thread", Diligent posted a link to a place where you can start blogs. Well, my curiosity got the best of me and I went there to have a look. Upon entrance, I see a blog of a former "Christian" now turned atheist. In there he types about how to stump a pro-lifer with a question: if abortion becomes illegal, what should we do with the women who abort? He claims that most pro-lifers haven't thought about this and we become confused when asked. Mind you, he even posted a video asking pro-lifers questions but I have no intention seeing it for now, but his article and the responses it got sure got me thinking. I been pro-life for a long time (even before I got saved), but I never thought about what punishment a woman should get if abortion does becomes illegal. So, if abortion is murder (and I believe it is), should the women who have abortion be treated the same as murderers. What should be their punishment if abortion becomes illegal?

Oh by the way, here is the link:
http://unreasonablefaith.com/2009/01...-one-question/
I have thought on this and I believe anyone that performs an illegal abortion should be tried as one who has committed homicide. If the child takes a breath when it leaves the womb he should be charged with murder. The woman that gave herself to the butcher should be charged as an accomplice. I know many will find my stance excessive, but I don't believe we should be wishy washy on this. I have no sympathy for those without respect for life and the sanctity of the family. I do however have forgiveness for those who've committed this transgression and want to make peace with God.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM

Well what's the difference between a two month-old and a almost-born baby? Nothing but a couple months and a ridiculously expensive operation! These liberals act like there's some scientific difference, and other than the fact that the child is then eating food that its mother feeds it from a bottle (or her body[!]) instead of from her bloodstream (ad the kid is breathing now) there is no scientific difference.

Therefore, on that basis, we can conclude that there is no real difference between, say, burning a pre-born infant with a saline solution (abortion method) and cooking your one year-old in the microwave. Both are excruciatingly painful to the child and both result in their death. As a result, the perpetrators of either crime should be treated as having committed murder with malice aforethought: this should have no different consequences than the same act against a toddler or another adult.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 AM

Default Don't let him frame the argument

Well, I haven't looked at the site yet, so I am going off what you have said. My response to him would be: Get right with the Lord and He will answer that for you.

I am not a great soul winner. I do not witness in public as I should. But I learned this. Our enemies: the world, the flesh, and the devil, will use any thing they can to distract you as a Christian from doing the Lord's will.

If this guy really is saved and has backslidden, then his problem isn't what are we going to do with the women who have abortions, his problem is sin. His sin. He needs to get right with the Lord. It is like when you are witnessing to someone and say, "You need to trust Jesus Christ as your savior," and they respond by asking you how did all those animals get on the ark. Well, what does the ark have to do with salvation? They aren't asking because that is what is keeping them from trusting Christ, they're asking to try and distract you from witnessing and so they won't have to answer your question.

Fact is, we are so far away from banning abortion, it isn't funny. You might as well ask who is going to be allowed to fly the magic unicorns. Ronald Reagan couldn't end abortion. George W Bush had a Republican congress and he couldn't stop it. What on earth would make him think that BO and the overwhelmingly liberal congress and overwhelmingly liberal judicial branch and the overwhelmingly liberal American Bar Association and the overwhelmingly liberal states of New York, California, et al are going to decide to ban abortion? In the past election when people would bring up that Sarah Palin would ban abortions, I would ask if they understood exactly how our government works.

No. this guy thinks he is cute because he thought up a "gotcha" question. (Or, more likely, heard it from someone else. And it is not even a very good question. There are some sticky questions regarding abortion for absolute pro-lifers. This isn't one of them.)

Tell him to get right with the Lord and the Lord will answer that for him.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 AM

It's an Obama nation!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM

Right on, brother. I've done some 'debating' on secular boards, and that's the way the unbelievers try to get away from the simplicity of either accepting or rejecting Jesus' offer of salvation.

There are lots of 'what if' questions that are used against our witness, and the best thing to do is to steer the conversation back to the importance of salvation. Once someone believes, and is born again, the Lord will help them to understand, eventually, if they're really interested in learning more about Him and His will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmark Hour Baptist View Post
Well, I haven't looked at the site yet, so I am going off what you have said. My response to him would be: Get right with the Lord and He will answer that for you.

I am not a great soul winner. I do not witness in public as I should. But I learned this. Our enemies: the world, the flesh, and the devil, will use any thing they can to distract you as a Christian from doing the Lord's will.

If this guy really is saved and has backslidden, then his problem isn't what are we going to do with the women who have abortions, his problem is sin. His sin. He needs to get right with the Lord. It is like when you are witnessing to someone and say, "You need to trust Jesus Christ as your savior," and they respond by asking you how did all those animals get on the ark. Well, what does the ark have to do with salvation? They aren't asking because that is what is keeping them from trusting Christ, they're asking to try and distract you from witnessing and so they won't have to answer your question.

Fact is, we are so far away from banning abortion, it isn't funny. You might as well ask who is going to be allowed to fly the magic unicorns. Ronald Reagan couldn't end abortion. George W Bush had a Republican congress and he couldn't stop it. What on earth would make him think that BO and the overwhelmingly liberal congress and overwhelmingly liberal judicial branch and the overwhelmingly liberal American Bar Association and the overwhelmingly liberal states of New York, California, et al are going to decide to ban abortion? In the past election when people would bring up that Sarah Palin would ban abortions, I would ask if they understood exactly how our government works.

No. this guy thinks he is cute because he thought up a "gotcha" question. (Or, more likely, heard it from someone else. And it is not even a very good question. There are some sticky questions regarding abortion for absolute pro-lifers. This isn't one of them.)

Tell him to get right with the Lord and the Lord will answer that for him.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Right on, brother. I've done some 'debating' on secular boards, and that's the way the unbelievers try to get away from the simplicity of either accepting or rejecting Jesus' offer of salvation.

There are lots of 'what if' questions that are used against our witness, and the best thing to do is to steer the conversation back to the importance of salvation. Once someone believes, and is born again, the Lord will help them to understand, eventually, if they're really interested in learning more about Him and His will.
I agree with both of you "HAI" and "LHB". Well said.
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
If the child takes a breath when it leaves the womb he should be charged with murder.
Peace and Love,
Stephen
This is off subject. isn't there oxygen in the blood?when concieved,doesn't the baby have blood? We breath oxygen,therefore,how is a child a living being only after it takes its first breath outside the womb.

Abortions should be tried as murder.
Anyone performing the abortion should be convicted of murder. What would be done about the women who made the choice to abort her child,isn't she the one who is responsible for aborting the child and the doctor was just an avenue? I am not disagreeing,the doctor who performs these procedures should get the chair, but what part is the woman not guilty as well.

Stephen,this is not an attack on you. There seems to be discrepencies when a child is considered a life,among brethren. Maybe i am just not seeing it as others do.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
This is off subject. isn't there oxygen in the blood?when concieved,doesn't the baby have blood? We breath oxygen,therefore,how is a child a living being only after it takes its first breath outside the womb.
I think a child in the womb is a living being, but I think it becomes a living soul when it takes its first breath.

Quote:
Abortions should be tried as murder.
Anyone performing the abortion should be convicted of murder. What would be done about the women who made the choice to abort her child,isn't she the one who is responsible for aborting the child and the doctor was just an avenue? I am not disagreeing,the doctor who performs these procedures should get the chair, but what part is the woman not guilty as well.
She is guilty, but she isn't the one that actually performs the abortion. It's like a man that hires a man to kill someone. The assassin is the one doing the killing, and usually the one that hires the killer is guilty of solicitation to commit murder. So it would be the same in cases of abortion if abortion were ever made to be illegal.

Quote:
Stephen,this is not an attack on you. There seems to be discrepencies when a child is considered a life,among brethren. Maybe i am just not seeing it as others do.
Just remember this when you study this:

The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. (Job 33:4 KJV)

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7 KJV)

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. (Genesis 6:17 KJV)

And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. (Genesis 7:15 KJV)

And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. (Genesis 7:21-24 KJV)
(funny, when I just read this now I was brought to remember that babies are litterally swimming in water while in the womb)

Don't get me wrong. I do believe it is a gross sin against God and humanity to abort a baby, but I try to remain as Biblical as I can when I take a stance on things.

Peace and Love,
Stephen