Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:02 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union
Default My curse is broken

Brothers and sisters, I haven't been here for a while, but I wanted to pop up real quick and let you know that I am now free from the most enduring chains that Satan has had me in since I was a (younger) child. Video games had become my idol, and since I was not involved in drugs, sex, or alcohol, I had no one to rebuke me of it besides God. I began fighting violently against this curse two years ago, but not long ago, I took my games to the sledgehammer and burned the shards. I will add that some of those pieces flew 40 feet.

The real battle, however, is the one that I am now jumping into. I, at the age of 17, am preparing to write a book denouncing the video game culture of our "good Christian kids". Since Satan can't destroy them with obvious methods, he destroys my friends and your children with a slower, more subtle poison. There will be many arguments backed up by science that will link the addictions of video games have the same effect as the addictions of drugs and alcohol-in fact, they may be the drug of my generation, even moreso than meth or marajuana! The best arguments, however, will be those that reveal the animal nature that these foul things make those potential soul-winners pathetic losers. Think of all the destinies that are being ruined by these silent distractions!

Anyway, I ask for your prayers that I will not be discouraged, distracted, and above all else, will not compromise with the back-slidden Christian mentality that is so prevalent today.

The will of God be done.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-07-2008, 01:20 AM

The curse of the flesh. sin nature rules in each of us in different ways. Glad to hear God opened your heart to that addiction. Remain humble and contrite and He will show you more.

I drank coffee all my life. Earlier this year I began to ask the Lord to make changes in my life that would benefit my soul. three months ago I stopped drinking coffee. I had no intention to stop, just a deep set desire to just stop. so I did. No withdrawl, no headaches, nothing. at least I know I am more dependent on God than coffee.

Blessings
Old 09-07-2008, 08:52 AM

Very commendable Brother. What I have noticed personally from video games (particularly online) is the increased anger towards other gamers, the in game "chat" becomes nothing more than a cess pit of filthy comments and derogatory statements to others. I was involved in online gaming via a clan when I was not right with the LORD and it consumes, in a way that as you mention is very subtle and it takes months before you realise how the game has "changed" you.
It is Highly addictive and most definitely a tool of the Devil to ensnare unsuspecting youth.
Although I do have a confession, I play Tiger Woods 2008 On the PC but thats it, I like playing Golf.
I am Glad The LORD Jesus Christ has shown you the error and corrected you, May he Bless you in your ministry to others in the same position.