Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM

Default The KJB is Perfect

Why the King James Bible is the Word of God

The other day I went to Wal-Mart and noticed something strange. There is hardly any King James Bibles on the book shelves. All I see anymore is the NIV, NKJV and all the other new versions. A lot of people will tell you that those new versions are just the same, but easier to read. Whoever tells you that is either a liar or they do not know what is going on.

The new versions are not just the same. They take away and add not only words, but complete verses! Read below in Luke 4:4 and guess what part the NIV takes out, “but by every word of God.” The devil is watering down the word of God with these new versions.

Luke 4:4
“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” KJV

I will use the NIV for example, since it is one of the most sold bible versions in America. The NIV takes away 64,576 words and 17 complete verses. Here is another shocker, in 1988 Zondervan and the NIV was purchased by HarperCollins Publishers. HarperCollins publishes pro-homosexual books and I do not even want to name off the names of the book titles. If you want to check it out, go to their publishers’ website. Oh, and if that is not enough, HarperCollins also publishes a satanic bible! I could go on and on and expose those other new versions, but that would take forever. I will leave it up to you to study to see the major differences between the King James Bible and the new versions.

The new “bibles” take away the blood of Christ out of Colossians 1:4. They take away the word “Lord” out of the dying thief’s mouth in Luke 23:42. In Isaiah 7:14, the new versions deny the virgin birth by replacing “virgin” with “young woman”. There are so many other examples that I could bring up, but it would take a too many pages to list them all. If you do not believe me, compare those above verses using the King James Bible and the NIV. The devil is using these new versions to destroy the truth in the word of God.

Jeremiah 23:36
“..for ye have perverted the words of the living God..” KJV

People often tell me that it is hard for them to read the King James Bible. Well, I am here to tell you that those new versions are not easier than the King James Bible. Tests have proved that the King James Bible is on a lower reading grade level than the new versions. There are a bunch of times where in the new versions it is hard to read, but in the King James Bible it is crystal clear. If you think the King James Bible is hard to read it is because you are too lazy to study the word of God. All you need to understand God’s Word is the Holy Spirit and some of your time, not a new “bible”.

Proverbs 8:8-9
8 “All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.” KJV

I am sure there are people thinking, “What about the originals?” There are no more originals. There are only copies of 100's of Greek texts and they all differ from each other. Greek “scholars” will try to tell you that we need to go back to the Greek to get the true meaning. That is a lie, all you need to do to understand the Bible is to read it in the correct context that it is suppose to be read. Next time someone tells you to go to the Greek, tell them to go preach a whole sermon in Greek(I am sure they cannot). All they do is quote a couple of Greek words and try to act smart. They tell you what their teachers told them and I believe their putting more faith in their interpretation than they put in the word of God.

Another reason I believe the King James Bible is the word of God is because the manuscripts that the translators used were from Antioch. Let us see what the Bible says about Antioch…

Acts 11:26
"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." KJV

There is coincidence for you. The place where the King James Bible manuscripts are from is the same place where the first Christians originated. Maybe you are wondering about where the new versions get their texts. The new versions get their manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt. Let us read what the Bible says about that place…

Deuteronomy 17:16-17
16 But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.
17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold." KJV

How about that, God led people away from Egypt. If God led people away from Egypt, there is no way I want a “bible” that gets the manuscripts from a place like that.

Did you know that the only Bible without a copyright is the King James Bible? All the other versions have copyrights. What are copyrights made for? Money. What does the Bible say about the love of money?

1 Timothy 6:10
“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” KJV

If your King James Bible has a copyright, do you know why it does? Because of the side notes, dictionary, concordance and etc. If you buy a plain King James Bible without any notes or anything, you will have no copyright. Anyone can freely reprint the King James Bible without getting into copyright trouble. The reason I bring this up is because the Bible says…

2 Timothy 2:9
“..the word of God is not bound.” KJV

Did you see that? It says “the word of God is not bound.” I do not believe that the word of God should be bound by human copyright and that is why I am against the new “bibles”.

I believe the King James Bible is inspired by God. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that God had something to do with the King James Bible. Did you know that the King James Bible was the seventh English Bible made? Read these below verses carefully.

Psalms 12:6-7
6 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." KJV

You see that? The words of the Lord are pure, purified SEVEN times, and then God goes on to say that He would preserve His words FOREVER. God said He would preserve His words forever and I will believe Him over any religious “scholar”. Oh, and the fact that the King James Bible is the SEVENTH English Bible and God said His Words are purified SEVEN times is just a coincidence.

1. The Tyndale Bible, 1534
2. Coverdale Bible, 1535
3. Matthews Bible, 1537
4. The Great Bible, 1539
5. The Geneva Bible, 1560
6. The Bishops’ Bible, 1568
7. The Authorized Version of the Bible, 1611

I believe the King James Bible is the word of God because it was published under the authority of a king, unlike the modern new versions. It makes perfect sense for the word of God to be translated under the authority of a king, rather than a democracy. King James wanted the Bible to be printed in English, so the common people could all read the Bible whenever they wanted.

Ecclesiastes 8:4
"Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?" KJV

Did you know England holds absolute time and location? Zero degrees longitude is located in England. If that is true, why would England not hold absolute truth? Now there is something to think about.

Dear reader, those were some of the reasons I believe the King James Bible is the word of God. If you have a King James Bible, thank God for it everyday. It is a blessing for us to have the very words of God in our own hands and we should thank Him for that. If you are reading this and you read one of those new versions, I do not hold a grudge against you, but I plead with you to pray and study about this subject. This is a serious issue that needs to be looked at and not ignored. People can get saved by reading a different language bible and the new versions, but if a reader wants to become a true studier of the word of God, I stress for them to get a King James Bible.

Love in Christ and God Bless
Cody Watters

Article from: www.Baptist1611.vze.com
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-20-2008, 12:24 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

"Did you know England holds absolute time and location? Zero degrees longitude is located in England. If that is true, why would England not hold absolute truth? Now there is something to think about."

That's stretching it a bit. Those "scholars" who oppose us aren't looking for anything spiritual, they're looking for only facts, that'd hurt our case, I think, if we brought that up.

And if they're trained under James White, they'l counter the copyright argument with "what about the Cum Privilegio?"
(I'm quoting White here)
" Technically the KJV belongs to the English crown,which authorized and paid for its translation nearly four hundred years ago. I pointed out earlier that the KJV was first printed by a royal printer, and that for a hundred years no one else could print it. Does this not sound pretty much like a modern copyright? It would seem so."

Brother, how would you respond?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 PM

That was then, what about now? Why isn't there a copyright on it now? And if they still own it, why don't they enforce it?

Last edited by Cody1611; 03-20-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM

Good, however, if you really want to destroy them, just say that the reason Britain had that "copyright" was so that no one would misprint the KJB, which was owned by the crown. If some unofficial person misrepresented the (erstwhile) honorable government of Britain and mauled their Bible, the king as described in Ecclesiastes 8:4 would have been right to correct this wrong! To say that the crown needed profit is a big stretch.
However, all the modern people make bank of of their 40+ different kinds of NIV study bibles. "Adventure bible, little princess bible, athlete's bible, young wife bible, etc." the list is so vast!

Just trying to sharpen iron here, brother.

Last edited by Paladin54; 03-20-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Posted before finishing my thought.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Thanks for your reply, brother. I'll be sure to remember that.

God Bless you
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM

And you as well, brother.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Clyde Harris

Good points guys. God promised to preserve his word and he used a King to have it have it translated to the 1611 edition and the British Crowm to protect it from money grabbers an Satans perversions.

In the service of Jesus Christ, Clyde, a KJB defender
Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 AM

Cody,

That is a good post bro. keep up the good work

Atlas
Old 03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Clyde Harris

Cody 1611, Good stuff, excellent defensive of the Holy Bible KJB 1611-1769

Blessings, Clyde Harris