Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Default Question on Genesis 5

I have been studying the Book of Genesis. I am at chapter 5 right now. I have found an interesting study done by Chuck Missler. I like your thoughts on it.

http://www.khouse.org/articles/2000/284/
The Composite List

Now let's put it all together:

Hebrew English

Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort

Here is a summary of God's plan of redemption, hidden here within a genealogy in Genesis! You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis deliberately "contrived" to hide the "Christian Gospel" right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!

My other question is that how much attention should I be paying to the meaning of the original languages? I personally believe that the knowledge of the original languages in not required to understand God's Word. But the above study could not be done without those knowledge. I could only find the meaning of Seth and Noah's names only. Is there a time that we should use the help of the original languages ie. proper names of people and places? Please let me know what you think about this issue and your approach on it. Thanks!
Tim